jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Things to Do Over Fall Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

I don’t know about anyone else, but the past few days, my thoughts have been an endless stream of “fall break, fall break, fall break, fall break…

Seriously, never in my life have I needed a break as much as I do right now. I can’t wait be back in Pennsylvania, with my family, my dog and of course, my DVR. Each year, my fall break to-do lists includes all the fun fall things, and these are some of my most important to-dos.

Bake everything

Good bye sketchy dorm oven and hello modern kitchen at home! I seriously can’t wait to bake pies, caramel applies, fun Halloween treats, cookies, and (my personal favorite) banana bread. I always try to take advantage of having a fully-stocked, high-quality kitchen at home by baking as much as I can over break. Bonus: bringing baked kids back makes you instantly popular.

Go for a hike

Yes, I can technically walk on the nature trail at school, but it’s just not the same as hiking through the fall foliage at home. I like in a local park with a lake, endless miles of trails and beautiful scenery. It’s so much fun to take my dog to the trails and crunch through the fallen leaves with my Bean boots, all while taking Insta-worthy pictures.

Visit a Halloween store

Once we return from fall break, Halloween is right around the corner! Take advantage of the free time by getting your Halloween costume together while you’re at home. Plus, Halloween stores are the sort of stores where you can just explore forever and never grow bored.

Colleen Zewe

Saint Mary's '18

I love fall, holidays, PSLs and forcing my dog to take pictures with me for Snapchat.