Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Ad(vice): Your Most Burning Questions Answered.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAIC chapter.

Lindsay, how do I tell if someone likes me?

Christ, I wish this was easy to answer but I feel like dating is so fucking hard now. Like, you could literally be scantily clad on someone’s couch playing a rousing game of tonsil hockey and they’ll hit you with a  “I just wanted to be friends”. 

Or, maybe they do now I don’t know, I’m old apparently.

Anyways, usually the signs that someone is picking up what you’re putting down are pretty clear; they hold eye contact, they initiate touch, they compliment you, they tell you they like you (I have a hard time with this one) so if you feel like someone may be into you, trust your instincts; because they’re probably right.

Lindsay, my partner gets angry when I hang out with certain people, what should I do?

Talk it out. And I’m speaking from experience; I’ve been in both sides of this scenario and it DOES NOT end well if you let this go unchecked. Usually, if someone doesn’t like who you spend your time with it’s a huge red flag. Either they’re controlling or the people you spend time with make them uncomfortable (or when it was my case: both). Obviously, I’m writing this article at 1:30 am on a Friday so I’m aware I’m not really touching on the complexities of human interaction, but having a healthy discussion with your partner will sort this issue out (BUT, if they get defensive and mean: DUMP. THEM.)

Lindsay, I’m questioning my sexuality; what do I do?

I had a friend ask me this a while ago, but seeing that National Coming Out Day was this month, I thought I would bring it back.

Look, questioning your sexuality at any point in your life is completely and perfectly valid and just because you identified as something before doesn’t mean that can’t change. A lot of ‘sexologists’ have argued that human sexual expression is fluid and there are a several studies to back this up (I’m lazy and this an informal article so I won’t link any, but y’all can Google this stuff on your own my computer is literally riddled with viruses from trying to watch Infinity War a week before it came out in theaters).

Tangent about my terrible internet habits aside; it’s okay to explore your sexuality in a safe and healthy way, and you don’t have to “come out” if you don’t feel like you’re ready or you are in an environment where it won’t be safe.

Lindsay Bonavolonta is a film and animation student currently studying at SAIC. Lindsay has many hobbies, including (but not limited to) collecting weird business cards and buying cursed furbies off of Ebay. When Lindsay isn't playing video games badly she spends her time writing and making comics.