Style > Fashion

Winter Fashion Trends I’m Predicting

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

The winter season and cold weather is quickly approaching, meaning my wardrobe needs to shift away from shorts and towards chunky sweaters. I’m a big fan of fall/winter fashion and mixing layers to make a warm yet fashionable outfit and accessorize with hats, gloves, scarves, socks, and more. Recently on social media I’ve noticed some common pieces and styles when it comes to fashion trends for winter.

Oversized Scarves

One of the most popular trends I have seen so far is oversized scarves. These come in all colors and sizes, and can easily bring an outfit to the next level by adding a pop of color and another element of comfort. Scarves are usually relatively cheap and easy to style, which is why I will definitely be asking for an oversized scarf for Christmas.  

Vests

Another trend I’ve been seeing very often is vests. All different types of vests, from suede to puffer, are all the rage for the cold weather. Vests are another simple layering piece that can spice up an outfit while still not taking it over. I have a vest of my own and I love how it looks and how it also keeps me warm. I also like how vests still let the sleeves of the outfit underneath peek through, making it the perfect top layer. Invest in a vest!

Birkenstock Boston Clogs

This style of shoe has taken over social media. Every outfit on my Pinterest feed these days includes a pair of the Boston clogs in various colors. I have a pair of my own (knockoffs though, I simply cannot afford the real ones) and I love them. I’ve worn them with jeans, sweatpants, and even jean shorts. Pair them with a high neutral colored sock and you have the perfect fall/winter shoe to match every outfit. 

Ugg Slippers

Another shoe that everyone seems to own lately are the Ugg Tasan slippers. These are at the top of my Christmas list because I think they are so cute and something I would wear very often. Yes they are slippers, but they can be dressed up as well. They’ve been paired with sweatpants for a casual look or jeans as an everyday look. I think the brown color is a great neutral and will match every outfit.

Ally Peto

Sacred Heart '23

Hey I'm Ally! I'm a communications major from MA and I love watching movies and eating pancakes :)