What It Means To Be A Collegiette, As Told By An HC Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

What even is a “collegiette?”  Maybe you’ve never heard the word before, but us Her Campus girls strive to embody it. As of 2012, it’s Her Campus Trademark, but it’s also representative of more than just a word.

A collegiette is a female college student who endeavors to get the most out of her college experience on every level. She is involved, whether that be in sports, clubs, Greek life, service, or anything of that nature.  She is working towards a successful career, is goal-oriented, and values academic integrity.  She is educated on important subjects such as safety, health, and current issues. She portrays herself in an admirable way, and is typically known for her amazing personal style, attitude, and strength. “Collegiette” itself is self-defined.  Self-defined by girls like us.

A collegiette is independent and determined to be her best.  Inspiring, without even knowing it.  Some of you may think these standards are too high and unattainable, but the pressure to be perfect doesn’t exist when collegiettes know that this world is nothing if we are not all unique.  As an HC girl, I believe that we all have the potential to raise the stakes, and then fulfill them, because we already have.  If you have ever questioned double-standards, stood up for yourself, or tried to make a change; you’re that girl.

Females have accounted for 57% of college students obtaining a degree in American universities for the past 35 years.  We do it all, because we can.  Those late nights studying, planning, and stressing are because you care.  That bomb outfit you wore to class today made you confident.  The supportive friend group you have makes you the best you can be.  And that’s empowering to the rest of us.  From one collegiette to another, keep working towards the best post-grad life possible.

HCXO

Laura Lampert

Sacred Heart

Laura is a Communications Studies major with a concentration in Digital Marketing/PR.  Campus Correspondent at Sacred Heart, overly-involved, and always five minutes late with an iced coffee. 
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.