The Ultimate Getting Ready Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

After a long week of hardcore studying, endless hours of homework, and back to back classes; the weekend has finally arrived! It’s time to treat yourself to a Friday night out with your girlfriends and all the plans you made for the weekend.  But this requires you to get ready, and we all know that’s literally a process!  Many of you are probably like my friends and me, and take hours to get ready as we blast music from our speakers. You definitely need a playlist of songs to jam out to as you are either straightening or curling your hair, applying your makeup, and making the hard decision of what outfit and shoes to wear.  Putting together a “getting-ready playlist” wasn’t that hard when it got me pumped for this upcoming weekend, and hopefully it does the same for you!

This 45 minute playlist will get you ready and hyped for your night ahead of you! These are some songs I would definitely recommend to put on your playlist ASAP.

1) Closer by The Chainsmokers (duh.)

2) Caroline by Amine

3) Literally anything by Drake, from Best I Ever Had to One Dance to Fake Love; you can never go wrong!

4) Anything Lil Wayne, as well!

5) Timeless by A Boogie

6) Too Much Sauce by Future

7) Any and all songs by Beyonce 

8) Bad and Boujee by Migos feat. Lil Uzi Flirt

9) Bounce Back by Big Sean

10) Black Beatles by Rae Sremmurd feat. Gucci Mane

11) Paris by The Chainsmokers

12) Side to Side by Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj

13) Kill The Lights by Alex Newell & DJ Cassidy

14) Both by Gucci Mane feat. Drake

15) Used To This by Future

16) Bad Things by Machine Gun Kelly feat. Camila Cabello

17) All Night Longer by Sammy Adams

18) iSpy by Lil Yachty

19) No problem by Chance the Rapper

20) Ooouuu by Young Ma

Add these to your usual mix and you’ll be AUX-cord ready!

Laura Lampert

Sacred Heart

Laura is a Communications Studies major with a concentration in Digital Marketing/PR.  Campus Correspondent at Sacred Heart, overly-involved, and always five minutes late with an iced coffee.