Ah, sweet December. By the time the first hits, we are already in Christmas mode. It’s finally time to break out the Christmas-themed Pandora station and stuff your face with holiday-themed cookies, right? The malls are all decorated, you begin to see lights outside of people’s houses, and Thanksgiving has left you filled with euphoria. This December-fueled high lasts for all of about ten seconds…until you start to see a dark cloud looming ahead of you. Forget Christmas because, for many of us, it’s beginning to look a lot like…finals. Finals are annoying enough as it is, and the fact that they end just a few days before Christmas makes it just THAT much worse. Grudgingly, you pull up the finals schedule online and begin to match up your classes with their corresponding time slot. Finally, you get to your 9:30 block period on Friday, with the exam code Z. You scan the list, and you swear you can’t find it anywhere. But then you realize you have completely avoided viewing the Saturday time slots. With one eye open, you sigh as you slowly look over Saturday…and there it is.Your heart drops and your stomach sinks. You want to scream when you see exactly what you were hoping you wouldn’t: Exam Time: 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 19th.
For all you poor souls who have a Saturday final, this goes out to you. Here are ten thoughts you definitely have about your Saturday final, straight from the students themselves.
1. NOOOOOO. No. Nope. *Insert screaming here*
2. This has to be some kind of mistake. Let me check one more time… *Refreshes page 25+ times*
3. That’s it. I’m emailing my professor and pretending I have a flight to catch on Saturday so he realizes there is no other option but for me to take the test a day early.
4. I just want to go home already.
5. A majority of my home friends were done with finals last week, yet I’m still here taking exams on a SATURDAY. Everything about this is just so wrong. So, SO WRONG.
6. All of my suitemates are leaving Friday. What will I do without them? I’ll go crazy. It isn’t safe. Maybe my RSA can vouch for me on this one.
7. I guess it doesn’t really matter. It’s just another day, right?
8. Honestly, it’s for the best. I’m happy I get another day to study. And my roomates won’t be here, so I’ll have no distractions.
9. Nope, this is still awful. I guess some professors just want us to lose all of our holiday spirit.
10. Merry Christmas, everyone! Sincerely, Sacred Heart University.