Trend Alert: Vintage Tinted Sunglasses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Spring has always been my favorite season. I look at it as a period of rejuvenation: a time where I get to reinvent my wardrobe as well as my mood! The winter blues are long gone as the warmth begins to kick in.

One of my biggest obsessions, stuck in my mind since the sun came out, are sunglasses with colored frames. I saw a variety of colors and frame shapes all over Instagram and I immediately became obsessed. One of my absolute favorite Youtubers, Emma Chamberlain, probably has the biggest influence on my personal style. I would definitely credit her as the person who got me hooked on these types of glasses in the first place. There were a variety of colors all over her instagram, VSCO, and Youtube. Here are some of the pictures she posted that had me deep in my glasses envy:

Here are some other celebrities who have also rocked the look.

Kendall Jenner:

Gigi Hadid:

Selena Gomez (my personal favorite pair):

Trying Out the Trend:

I bought a yellow round pair of vintage tinted sunglasses from Urban Outfitters around a year ago for about $15. I was really happy with these because round sunglasses usually suit my face much nicer than any other ones, and round sunglasses are often hard to find. I get so many compliments on these, as I do feel like they are a very unique pair. I’ve been dying to break them out again as the warmer weather has been approaching us.

Another pair I recently just bought are these triangular pink shades with a very long bridge between the lenses. After a lengthy deliberation between all the shades, I picked these ones up from Trumbull’s Forever 21 for $7. This is another pair I am obsessed with because I feel like it adds so much to a simple outfit.

Websites I Recommend for Anyone Seeking the Trend:

Romwe sells EXTREMELY cheap, uniquely colored shades for incredibly low prices. I have been wanting to order a few from them for a while, however I have been nervous due to the mixed reviews surrounding this website. I do feel though that they have the most variety of shades and that they are the closest to what I have been looking for.

The first place I had seen these kinds of frames was from Urban Outfitters. Urban is a little bit more on the pricier side, however you know you are getting good quality glasses. I’ve had mine for over a year and they are still in perfect condition. I think Urban’s website shows really unique ways to style them as well.

Lastly, when visiting Forever 21 I noticed that they had a couple of pairs I really did like in the midst of all of their glasses. Many of their glasses have the RayBans colored style of being very reflective, which is not what I wanted personally. I really like the transparent look of these kinds of glasses, and I was able to find a couple of pairs – purple, pink, orange – that I really loved.

Tinted Sunglasses – hit or miss?

Gabby Fezza

Sacred Heart

Hi! I am a freshman transfer student at Sacred Heart University who adores writing, fashion, and filmmaking. I am a Digital Communications major and I love everything creative!
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.