Trend Alert: Accented Winter Hats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Throughout history, hats have been used in different cultures and religions to represent different things; protection from the weather, self -preservation, and celebration. With cold December nights quickly approaching, express yourself on a new platform and up your style game with trendy accented winter hats. That’s right. Pom-poms, embroidery, crystals, and pearls. Enhance your wardrobe with bright and festive hats to show your inner light in the darkness of winter!

Crystals:

Have you seen this hat trend? It has been spotted on every fashionable girl this winter. Pair a bedazzled knit hat with a chic over coat and mittens and you are ready to shine. This hat is perfect to wear into the city at Christmas time, or to brunch with friends. Spread Christmas cheer with bright red colors and beaded hats!

Pearls:

If you’re like me and get fashion brain freeze in the winter, spicing up your closet with these accented winter hats is the way to go. This black beanie hat with string pearls is great to wear to a family get together, for date night, or just out and about. Pair this pearl hat with a thick black puffer coat and get cozy! It is the perfect statement hat to pair with all your winter accessories. Where will you wear this hat this season? Meeting family, rocking around the Christmas tree, or lighting the menorah?

Pom-poms and Embroidery:

Embroidery and pom-poms have been a huge trend in 2017, from pom-pom key chains to embroidered jeans and boots. Why not mix them together? Represent your school or favorite sports team, and grab a knitted hat with your letters. Show the world who you are and what your traditions are this season by representing what you believe in, whether that be sports, holidays or anything else.

No matter what traditions you celebrate this time of year, be sure to celebrate in style. Fashion can bring people together even if they’re from different backgrounds or ethnicities. Show who you are through this winter’s accented hat trends. Represent your faith, traditions, personality and personal style through fashion and accessories.

Kathryn Andes

Sacred Heart '21

Hi! I'm Kathryn, I'm majoring in Communications with a focus in Journalism, and minoring in Fashion Merchandising and Marketing. I sing in the SHU choir, I'm the President of College Democrats at Sacred Heart, and I'm a global ambassador for the Office of Global Affairs. I love writing about fashion, beauty, life, and politics, and Her Campus gives me a great platform to do that!
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.