Career

Top 3 Fun and Healthy Thanksgiving Treats to Make This Holiday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

It’s finally November, which means the holiday season is in full swing! Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner and it is time to have tons of home-cooked meals and desserts. Desserts are especially a major treat this time of year, however, dessert does not always have to be unhealthy. Here are three simple and healthier treats to make for your friends and family for Thanksgiving: 

1. Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins 

Muffins are usually considered an unhealthy dessert. However, this is a healthier rendition of a classic chocolate chip muffin. The ingredients include 3 bananas, 1 tbsp almond milk, 1 egg, ¼ cup honey, 1 tsp soda, ½ cup chocolate chip, 1 tbsp vanilla, 1 ½ whole wheat flour, 1 tbsp coconut oil and ½ cup Greek yogurt. Mix the dry and wet ingredients, and combine and bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees! 

2. Yogurt Covered Pretzels 

All you need for this recipe are pretzels and Greek yogurt. The yogurt can be flavored or plain, but flavored is tastier. This is a healthier alternative than melted chocolate and it tastes just as good. For this, you can use either pretzel rods or mini pretzels as well. With the pretzels separated, dip the pretzels in the Greek yogurt and set them aside on a tray. Once completed, allow time to chill in the fridge and then you’re finished! 

3. Fruit Kabobs 

Probably one of the easiest recipes but most forgotten, fruit kabobs are a simple way to incorporate different fruits in an aesthetically pleasing way. All you need are wooden sticks and some of your favorite fruit. Then, you slowly slide on the fruit and set them on the table!

Try making any of these healthy healthy treats for this Thanksgiving!  

Sacred Heart University 2020 Health Science, Global Health Major Nutrition, Exercise & Wellness
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.