Life > Experiences

Three Fun Ideas to do in Connecticut in the Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.
  1. Sycamore Drive In Restaurant
    This is the cutest restaurant I have ever been to. The drive to get to it is so scenic and it’s
    in a quaint little town. They come right out to your car to take your order, your food is
    delivered on trays that attach to the window, and the service is amazing. When I went, I
    got a burger with fries, and it was the best burger I think I’ve ever had. Their menu is
    versatile too, there’s options for everyone!
  2. Mystic Connecticut
    Looking for something to do for a whole day? Take a trip to Mystic, CT. There’s an
    adorable village with mom and pop shops and restaurants. Mango’s Restaurant is a
    necessity, as well the famous Mystic Pizza. If you want more of a city feel, you can drive
    to downtown Mystic as well, right on the water. There’s so much to do. You could shop,
    dine, go to the aquarium, take a tour of the ships, or just go for a walk on the water. It’s
    only about 20 minutes from Rhode Island, so we stopped at the beach to watch the
    sunset!
  3. Foxwoods/ Mohegan Sun
    For a bustling weekend, take a trip to Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun. They both have a
    plethora of casino options, restaurants, and shops. Foxwoods has the Tanger Outlets,
    which are always a good idea, as well as Guy Fieri’s restaurant (you have to get the
    Trash Can nachos). Mohegan Sun is also a great time, they have a Carlo’s Bakery!
    They’re so close to each other, don’t just choose one, do both!3 Fun Ideas to do in Connecticut in the Spring.
Amanda Palma

Sacred Heart '24

Hi, I'm Amanda and I'm from New York! I'm a graphic design major at Sacred Heart University with digital marketing and honors minors. I love art, cooking & baking, and cake decorating!