This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

I think every single person can agree that this has been a tough year. The pandemic has definitely taken a toll on our lives on top of whatever other stresses we each individually have. However, one of the best things to happen this year is the amount of amazing music that has come out. Here are my absolute lifesaver of albums from this year!

After Hours – The Weeknd

The Weeknd has been blessing us with his talent for over a decade now. In March, he released one of his best albums to date “After Hours.” This album has one of the top songs alone from the year, and the rest of the songs on this album are just as incredible. “Blinding Lights” was charted as the top song throughout many weeks of this year. Even though it was widely known as one of the best songs this year, it is personally not my favorite song on the album. My favorite song on the album has to be “Escape from LA”. It has the perfect late night vibe.

No Music No Life Neon Sign
Photo by Simon Noh on Unsplash

What Could Possibly Go Wrong – Dominic Fike

If you have been looking for music to play at sunset, you have come to the right spot. The best way I can describe Dominic Fike’s music is by saying it’s sunset music; it’s a perfect alternative album. Dominic released his debut album “What Could Possibly Go Wrong” over the summer, and it was the soundtrack to my summer. My favorite song off this album has to be “Politics and Violence,” but this changes probably every day. Every song is just so good! 

spotify, phone, headphones, music
Fixelgraphy / Unsplash

Nectar- Jogi 

This album only came out recently, but it has been on loop ever since. Ever since his hit “Slow Dancing in the Dark,” Joji rose to fame quite quickly. However, his music has only gotten better since then. “Nectar” is a perfect album from top to bottom. Every single song is so individually good. I highly recommend blasting this album at night while driving around with friends with the windows down. My favorite song on this album probably has to be the opening song “Ew.” Even though it is called “Ew,” it is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard.   

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.
Sacred Heart student from Mass, sharing my thoughts and interests with others on Her Campus :)