This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Thanksgiving has always been a beloved holiday. Who doesn’t love celebrating food, family and friends?  It’s peak fall time, and you get the chance to embrace your inner basic self. But once you’re a college student, Thanksgiving takes on a whole new meaning.  It feels like forever since you were home for Columbus Day weekend, and midterms have gotten the best of you.  Journeying home has never sounded so good. Here are some of the things we are all looking forward to as Thanksgiving Break approaches (as told by our favorite gifs):

1. Home-cooked meals on meals on meals.

The real reason we’re all excited…

2. And more importantly…

3. Here comes the one holiday where it is totally acceptable to get wine-wasted with your extended fam.  

My body is ready.

4. You’re about to reunite with your high school friends after what has felt like the longest semester.

This type of reaction is all too familiar. 

5. You obviously consider Thanksgiving to be a time to showcase how well you can dress yourself.

Yes, Aunt Carol. I am a model

6. The holiday season is finally in full swing, and your 20 different Pinterest boards have never been more relevant.

All of the decorating and baking your Pinterest boards say you do on the reg gives you pure happiness. 

Happy Thanksgiving Break, SHU!

Laura Lampert

Sacred Heart

Laura is a Communications Studies major with a concentration in Digital Marketing/PR.  Campus Correspondent at Sacred Heart, overly-involved, and always five minutes late with an iced coffee. 
Colleen O'Melia

Sacred Heart

Colleen O'Melia is a senior at Sacred Heart University. She is an English major with a concentration in Writing. Aside from being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Sacred Heart, she is President of Sacred Heart's Education Club, volunteers at a local schools, and mentors young students.