This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

The holiday everyone openly dreads but secretly loves is right around the corner, Valentines Day.  Whether you have a special someone or are riding this day out solo HC Sacred Heart has the perfect snack to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth this Valentine’s Day.  

A hidden gem on Black Rock Turnpike in Fairfield, CT is CT Cookie Factory.  Started in 2010 this bakery’s main goal is to bring “hometown goodness to your door.”  Their products have been featured on Good Morning Connecticut, as a treat at New York Fashion Week, on Martha Stewart American Made, and in Serendipity Magazine.  They do customized desserts for all holidays and are always popping up in food festivals in the surrounding areas.

However, Valentine’s Day in particular is a holiday they thrive on.  In late January they posted on their Instagram (@ctcookiecompany) “We are trying to keep up with the Valentine’s Day message hearts and it’s not even February!”

These cookies are the perfect gift for your girlfriend, a delicious gift for your boyfriend, and honestly the best choice of food for a movie marathon with your girlfriends.  These cookies can also come with customized little messages just like the classic little heart shaped word candies everyone identifies the day of love with. They also offer pink cake pops, chocolate covered strawberries, and letter shaped cookies that can be customized.  

When I went to try a few treats the greatest dessert they have to offer is nonother than edible cookie dough.  They offer people the ability to buy cookie dough that is safe and ready to eat. Imagine your boyfriend or you mom coming home with a pint of edible cookie dough for you to monge on all night?  Valentine’s Day not so bad anymore, right?

With all of this being said CT Cookie Company can make any day better, not just Valentine’s Day.  But if you are looking for a last-minute gift for that special someone this is the place to be personal and sweet. Be sure to go visit on a rainy day but better yet stop by on a sunny day and treat yourself.    

Meg Rice

Sacred Heart '19

Taylor Swift enthusiast, lover of caramel iced coffee, & sister of Zeta Tau Alpha at Sacred Heart University
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.