A Summer Bucket List for College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

As finals week begins, I could not help but to think about all of the things I want to do this summer!  Summers once you’re in college are definitely different than when you were growing up.  Here are some of the things that us college girls have in our planners:

1. Find a paid internship/summer job

Because honestly, what college kid doesn’t want to make money?! It is important to find a paid internship or job that interests you. That way when you go to work it is enjoyable. Are you actually ever working if you are doing what you love??

2. Reconnect with old friends 

After a long 9 months of being separated from your best friends, you get to reconnect! It will be so nice to get home and give them the biggest hug. Finally you get to hang out as if no time has been lost, and you are back to where you left off! 

3. Weekend getaway/roadtrip with the girls

Who doesn’t love a girls trip where you spend some quality time with your favorite people?! It is always so nice to get the girls together for a weekend. You already know you can look forward to nights filled with so much laughter. 

4. Read that book you’ve had your eye one for months 

Finally, without any other school responsibilities, you can sit down and enjoy a good read. It is okay to spend a few hours in Barnes and Noble searching for something that intrigues you. Bring out your inner book worm this summer! 

5. Weekly beach trips

The weather is now nice enough for you to pack all of your essentials and head to the beach! I am looking forward to this the most. The smell of sunscreen and salt water is my favorite combination. It is vital for me to bring some good music, Kan-Jam, and snacks. Also- acai bowls are a beach must! 

6. Find a Hobby 

Summer is the perfect opportunity to start a new hobby you’ve always wanted to try. Whether it’s painting, golfing, or surfing, you definitely will have plenty of time to dive into something new! 

7. Get fit and be more active

For all of the time during the school year you have been slacking on hitting the gym, summer vacation is a great chance to get back on track. Eat healthy, exercise, and drink a lot of water!

8. Go on a hike

Channel your inner Kardashian and go on a hike! Nothing is more satisfying than the beautiful view at the top. It will be worth all of the energy to make it to the promising view. You can even get a group of friends and make the hike together. 

9. Go to a music Concert 

Who doesn’t love a cool summer night listening to good music?! Plan ahead to have a night with your friends you will never forget. Plan your outfits, take cute Polaroids, and listen to some awesome music! 

10. For those of you in the NYC area—Smorgasburg

I know many of you may not be able to make this but I HIGHLY recommend. Who doesn’t love some delicious, trendy food. Those Facebook videos finally come to life at this event! 

So as you procrastinate studying, why not make your own bucket list for this summer and share it with us?!

Lauren Khoury

Sacred Heart

Lauren is an Exercise Science major with plans to become a Physical Therapist in order to help people become the best version of themselves.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.