This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

We all know that getting ready to go out is a serious process.  If you’re anything like me, here’s how things usually go when preparing for a night out with your BFFs.

Showering.

The first step of getting ready to go out is making sure you are clean and not a hairy beast.  Especially if you plan on wearing a shirt that may feature your armpits, it’s important to keep the pits hairless.  I would hope everyone knows this already, but just a friendly reminder.  If you choose to skip this step, it could result in unwanted body hair, gross body odor or greasy hair.  It’s also a good idea to invest in some dry shampoo!  I recommend Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Dry Shampoo.

Smelling sophisticated.

This is a necessary stage of going out.  Some girls may skip the perfume but who doesn’t want to smell like a daisy?  Victoria Secret’s, Chanel, Michael Kors, and Bath & Body Works are just a few of the brands that offer some beautiful scents for every girl’s taste.  If you are looking to get the attention of someone specific when you are out, you can casually brush up against them to prove you are a great smelling human being.

Changing your outfit (a million times).

Every girl knows the first outfit they try on most definitely is not what they will be wearing for the night.  It’s a fact of life.  Even if you seem to have a lot to pick from in your closet, nothing appears to be THE outfit.  Most of the time borrowing your friends’ cuter clothes is the way to go.  By the end of this process, the floor is covered in articles of clothing that just didn’t cut it. Let’s save that mess for later… maybe tomorrow.

Trying to get the perfect wing and smoky eye combo.

Makeup has to be done right. The art of mastering the wing and perfect smoky eye is something every girl wants to learn.  Once you get the steady hand and determination to perfect this much-needed combo, you are set for flawless Snapchat selfies.  If you haven’t acquired the skill yet there are always friends more than happy to help with enhancing those beautiful eyes.

Making sure your hair is luscious.

Believe it or not, a girl’s hair gives them attitude and style. There are many options: straightening, curling, braiding, or going natural. The flow is important to maintain and needs to be tamed.  Making sure the pieces in the back are cared for is essential and it’s usually easier having a friend do it for you.  It’s a great feeling having hair that falls just right for the night out.

Taking selfies to show everyone your look.

When you are finally finished figuring out your outfit, makeup, and hair it’s time to give everyone a sneak preview. You and your friends are all looking flawless. That time of the night has come for your newest appearance on Instagram and sexiest selfies on Snapchat. LET’S GO!!

Analisa Cruz

Sacred Heart

Laura Lampert

Sacred Heart

Laura is a Communications Studies major with a concentration in Digital Marketing/PR.  Campus Correspondent at Sacred Heart, overly-involved, and always five minutes late with an iced coffee.