This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Everyone always says that your sorority Big is going to be your best friend, but they don’t tell you that you could potentially find someone who will stick by you until the end of time. You often expect to find your soulmate in a significant other, and while that still may be true, there is nothing more special than finding that in your best friend. If you’re lucky, this gal is also your Big. 

She stands by you through the toughest of times

…even when you’re probably the most annoying person alive. There are not many people in the world that will listen to you cry until you completely run out of tears without ever giving it a second thought. 

Even when she only has one free hour in her day, she somehow finds time to eat with you

…because food is just as important as the things you have to catch up on since the last time you were together which, let’s be honest, was probably less than 24 hours ago. 

She’s one of the only people you can stand to be around

…when everyone else is driving you crazy.  When you just want to escape the ridiculous things that happend to you during the week, she’s not about drama and it’s incredible.

She’s the only person you can trust

…with your grossest, craziest, and deepest secrets. She may as well be your own personal vault. You’re especially grateful when you have someone to glance over at in uncomfortable situations because she knows what you’re thinking. 

You finish each other’s thoughts

…and sometimes don’t even need words to communicate. People sometimes find it hard to understand your means of communication. Sorry to all the people subjected to this witchcraft. 

She always knows just what to say

…when it’s the middle of the week, and you feel as though you may not even make it to Thursday. Dramatic. But then again, you would do the same for her.

You are so annoyingly comfortable with each other

…that it may seem weird to outside parties. You spend so much time together you wonder if you’ll ever get tired of them. The answer is, probably not. Although I’m sure there are people that wish you would tire of each other. It hasn’t happened yet, sorry peeps.

You get extremely overprotective

…and honestly, get more upset than her when people don’t treat her like a queen. She’s your favorite person and you never want to see her upset. Anyone who doesn’t come bearing positive vibes can get it together or get out. 

You find yourself dreaming of what life will be like after college

…when you both have your own places, and can do cute things together like live in the city and host parties, all while being successful in your quest to become cool boss-ladies. 

Most importantly, you can’t picture your life without her.

No matter what life throws at you, she will always be your partner in crime, biggest fan, and forever friend.

Currently on a mission to become a successful boss lady in the fashion world.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.