Seven Reasons You Should Model in College Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

It’s that time of year again, the time fashionistas everywhere look forward to all year: New York Fashion Week! Many of you do not have the opportunity to strut your stuff down New York’s runway next to Kendall Jenner, but not to worry because College Fashion Week is returning to New York City again this fall. On October 10, 2015 college fashionistas everywhere get their chance to express their inner model, NYC-style. Whether you are a model, singer, dancer, or a performer, Her Campus College Fashion Week welcomes you to the runway. I modeled last year, and I’ve already applied to model again this year– I couldn’t resist! Here are seven reasons you should stop what you’re doing and enter to model:

1. As a model, you’ll get full glam treatment by professional makeup artists and hair stylists. Last year’s show featured professionals from Bare Minerals and Tresemme!

2. You get the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to walk down the runway in this season’s hottest trends (OK, twice in a lifetime hopefully if you’re me). It’s hard to pass up the opportunity to wear totally chic pieces from today’s trendy brands.

3. You’ll get your own VIP goody bag from Her Campus and their sponsors. A night to remember and goodies to take home? What more could you want?

4. You’ll also walk away with your own personal professional photos. If you have ever considered modeling as a profession, these photos will be the first of your modeling career!

5. You’ll get to meet other collegiettes like you from all over. This is a great opportunity to network with girls who share your interests and ambitions.

6. Today’s latest hits will play as you’re walking down the catwalk, making it even more fun. With Taylor Swift playing, you’ll never miss a beat, you’ll be lighting up your feet!

7. There will be awesome performers in between fashion segments. Last year, there was a totally cute male acapella group–so cool!

Great news, ladies: Registration for College Fashion Week is open now. Along with New York, College Fashion Week will be coming to Boston, Washington, D.C., and Atlanta! To enter, visit collegefashionweek.com/model, where you will be asked to post a selfie on your public Instagram account. In your post, make sure to mention @HerCampusCFW and tag #CastMeCFW, along with the city you want to model in (for example, #NYC). Registration ends September 18th! 

Colleen O'Melia

Sacred Heart

Colleen O'Melia is a senior at Sacred Heart University. She is an English major with a concentration in Writing. Aside from being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Sacred Heart, she is President of Sacred Heart's Education Club, volunteers at a local schools, and mentors young students.