Sacred Heart University: Greek Week 2015 Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

For all of you Greeks out there, this past week was crazy! It started off with a competitive game of Family Feud, followed by a classic game of Twister. GDI’s may have been confused as to why there was a bunch of people in Togas on the 63’s patio on Friday night, but every Greek organization was ready to march up to the Pitt and kill the “Minute-to-Win it” games looking like Greek gods and goddesses.

On Saturday morning, the Greeks were up bright and early ready to head over to the North Branch Library for a Carnival-themed Greek Service Day. Each organization had their own table at the event and was responsible for making sure all that attended from surrounding communities had a fun day. 

And finally (the event we were all really waiting for)…Greek Olympics! It was a gorgeous sunny day and all the fraternities and sororities were ready to give it their all. The event was held across the street from SHU at Notre Dame High School. As soon as you walked onto the field, you could feel the excitement all around you. The day started off with a balloon toss, then a relay race, tug of war, and even a human pyramid. If you were checking social media that day you probably saw a lot of pictures of the sororities throwing what they knew and all the fraternities who were hyped up and ready to win.

Winners Picture: Kappa Sigma (Orange) and Alpha Delta Pi (Blue)

While each organization tried their best, the brothers of Kappa Sigma and the sisters of Alpha Delta Pi took the Greek Olympics trophies in the end. Kappa Sigma was even deemed the winner of the entire Greek Week. Congratulations to all of the Greek organizations who participated throughout the week, and a huge thank you to IFC and Panhellenic for another amazing Greek Week!

Gabby Hamilton

Sacred Heart

Gabby is a Junior studying Communications with a concentration in Public Relations. Gabby loves NYC and the summer. Her favorite food is chocolate chip cookies. She is super involved on campus with being an active sister of Theta Phi Alpha and being a member of the PR club.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.