samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Polar Vortex Fashion: Style Spotlight Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

As the temperature dips into the single digits this winter, it’s super tempting to throw on a pair of Pioneer sweatpants and hide out with Netflix. But before you hibernate, try transforming your winter wardrobe by adding a few of these basic staples. These three SHUdents below have mastered the art of looking cool – while staying warm.

1. Urban Chic: Sophomore fashionista, Kayla Fortunato, pairs comfy basics with statement pieces to pull together this look. The smart choice of a black down jacket with leopard lining protects from the wintry chill. She pairs it with a classic chambray shirt, thermal leggings, thick socks, and combat boots that have a pop of colored lining. Her look is finished out with an on-trend rust jeweled headwrap.

2. Military Hipster: Speech pathology student, Gina Gallo, keeps it casual and cozy with neutral colors and distinctive accessories. Her green military jacket and signature Hunter rain boots are classic pieces seen around campus. Fingerless oatmeal gloves add practicality in the digital age and the contrasting colors in her pompom beanie standout amidst the gloomy weather.

3.  Modern Prepster: Stylish Alpha Delta Pi member Nicole Gemba looks perfectly polished in her cohesive ensemble. In a quilted jacket, cream infinity scarf, and knee-high leather boots she stays on point with current trends. Combined with stripes and aviators, this look is classic and warm and the smart choices of leather, quilted fabric, and combed cotton fight against the icy wind.

Helene Mayne

Sacred Heart

Helene Mayne is a sophomore graphic design and fashion marketing student at Sacred Heart University. She aspires to be a stylist or creative director at a magazine. She participates in Best Buddies, Art Club, and Community Council. She enjoys reading, painting, and sushi.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.