This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

With Valentine’s Day just behind us, and in my opinion, there’s no better way to feel the love in the air than with a brand new playlist. This article contains all of your V-Day necessities; whether you’re in a long-term relationship, crushin’, a single lady, or even if it’s complicated, this playlist has all of the love ballads and single girl anthems you didn’t know you needed to celebrate this Valentine’s.

1. “I Like Me Better” – Lauv

“I Like Me Better” is a song I discovered a few years back during my freshman year of college, and it will always be one of my favorites. This song is a sweet and simple way of explaining what it’s like to be crushin’ on someone. “I Like Me Better” is the perfect vibe for your Valentine’s Day playlist. 

2. “Lovebug” – Jonas Brothers

“Lovebug” by the Jonas Brothers is quite possibly my favorite song of all time. With a sweet and catchy build, the song takes a turn at the bridge, creating one of the most iconic pop rock moments of all time. “Lovebug” explains all of the overwhelming feelings of relationships. 

3. “All to Myself” – Dan and Shay

Dan and Shay are well known for their hits “Tequila” and “Speechless,” but “All to Myself” is an underrated, heartfelt love song. With its pop-country flare, this song is a great addition to your V-Day playlist. 

4. “What Am I” – Why Don’t We

What’s a playlist about love without a typical boyband ballad? Why Don’t We is an up and coming boyband, climbing the charts with each song they’ve released. Best known for their hit single “I Don’t Belong in This Club” featuring Macklemore, this group took a new route with this song, putting an interesting spin on the it’s complicated stage of dating. 

5. “Single Ladies” (Put a Ring on It) – Beyoncé

This playlist would be incomplete without the greatest single girl anthem of all time. In this iconic song, Beyoncé gives a shout out to all the single girls out there, reminding them that there’s nothing wrong with being a fun and confident single lady on Valentine’s day. 

6. “Put A Little Love On Me” – Niall Horan

For some people, Valentine’s day isn’t all about hearts and flowers. For some, February 14th is a reminder of break ups and lonely times. Niall Horan’s “Put A Little Love On Me” is a beautiful, sad love song about longing for someone who’s not there for you anymore. This ballad is comprised of beautiful piano instrumentals, accompanied by strings, and of course, Niall’s to-die-for vocals. 

7. “Adore You” – Harry Styles

Harry Styles’ sophomore album “Fine Line” has been topping the charts for all of 2020. While he is one of my favorite artists of all time, I just had to include one of his newest hits. “Adore You” is a groovy bop that explains the feelings of being so into someone, you can’t help but adore them. “Adore You” is a Valentine’s Day essential. Plus, who doesn’t love Harry Styles?!

No matter how you spent your Valentine’s Day, there’s always a song that knows exactly how you’re feeling.

Corinne Blanchette

Sacred Heart '21

Hi friends! My name is Corinne and I'm a junior at Sacred Heart University. I love all things pop culture, music, fashion, art, dogs, traveling, and of course, food!!
Nina Lauria

Sacred Heart

Nina is a Biology major with a Chemistry minor on the Physician's Assistant track. She has always loved medicine just as much as fashion and blogging. Nina hopes to one day concentrate in Pediatric Oncology and help find a cure for cancer!