The Newest Art Form: Melted Crayon Art!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Are you an art lover looking for the next newest trend? Look no further! Melted Crayon Art has become so much more than just a cool looking project! You’ve probably seen this artwork on Pinterest, and some of you have probably even tried it yourself; not as easy as it looks, is it? Melted Crayon Art has become increasingly popular and has personally impacted my life in more ways that most. In April of 2013, I began my own personal Melted Crayon Art business called Caputo Creations! Yes, the picture above, as well as the four other pictures featured in this article are all my original pieces! The creation process is very tedious so here’s a brief description on how to make your own! First you must organize the crayons, and cut them down if you are making a smaller piece. Second, glue all the crayons onto the piece and then you melt them. Warning: this process will take a few hours. Not only is Melted Crayon Art fun to make, but EVERY single piece is 100% unique!

What a cute anniversary gift for your significant other! This is the first piece I’ve ever sold, and it was bought by a woman to give to her boyfriend. Since then, I’ve sold 3 of these kinds of pieces!

This piece actually became “Pinterest-Famous”, as it was re-pinned over 1,000 times since posted about 10 months ago. Being one of my best-sellers, this piece has been purchased 5 times thus far.

The flower piece is one of my most interesting pieces thus far. What’s interesting about this one is that it’s a 3D piece. The flowers were glued on to give the piece a more realistic and intriguing composition.

Being a college student myself and having many family members and friends a part of Greek life, I understand the meanings behind these letters for sororities and fraternities. The Tri-Delta Sorority at Cornell University inspired this piece.

Melted Crayon Art is such a new fun and unique way to make art – it’s sure to stun and stop anyone in their tracks! Looking at the bigger picture, it shows just how anything can be used to make something magnificent!

Victoria Caputo

Sacred Heart

Victoria Caputo is a junior at Sacred Heart University. She is an English Major with a double minor in Creative Writing and Graphic Design studying as a graduate student in the Elementary Education program. She is a co-chair of Relay for Life, the founder and President of To Write Love on Her Arms, and the newly appointed Treasurer of SHU's Her Campus Chapter!
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.