New Songs for Every One of your Playlists

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

With the help of Spotify and Soundcloud I’ve found myself with the ability to procrastinate more than I ever thought imaginable. Finding new music and creating ~fire~ playlists for any occasion has become one of my most favorite pastimes. If you’re anything like me, once you find your “new favorite song” and play it about a million times in one day, until you can’t stand to hear it when it comes on the radio, you often find yourself scanning your Release Radar looking for new music on a daily basis. To help you out, here are a few songs for each of your playlists that haven’t gotten old (yet).

Pre-Game:

• Nowadays x Lil Skies feat. Landon Cube

​​

“Nowadays I’m too cool for a girlfriend. Nowadays I don’t know when the world spins. Live your life like we die when the world ends”

• God’s Plan x Drake (or basically anything by Drake…)

​​

“She say ‘Do you love me?’ I tell her ‘Only partly’, I only love my bed and my momma, I’m sorry.”

If God’s Plan is not on your pregame playlist yet (which I highly doubt it isn’t already), it will be after you listen to this jam. I promise you this song (and every other song by Drake, will never get old.

Going through a break up / tough time in a relationship:

• RIP x Olivia O’Brien

​​

“You don’t make time like you used to, Got a new girl, new friends, brand new. I swear it’s like I don’t even know you. Yeah, I miss the old you”

• Dead x Madison Beer

​​

“You say you can’t live without me, So why aren’t you dead yet? Why you still breathing (why,why?)”

When going through a break-up, or a tough time in a relationship, sometimes it’s difficult to explain to your friends how you truly feel about the situation at time. Sometimes you find a song that just says it all – Olivia O’Brien & Madison Beer have you covered ladies.

Studying:

• How You’ve Been x CaRter

​​

“Remember those times when we kept it low key, And it was all cool cause you didn’t know me. On the verge of love pushing number 17, I was in my heart trying to make it for the queen”

• Better Than I Used To Be x Mat Kearney, AFSHeeN

​​

“We used to be kids in the backseat wastin’ time. Talkin’ bout high hopes and day dreams. Never thought love never thought life, Could take us far beyond what we believed.

When picking music to listen to while doing homework & studying it’s important to find music you can listen to without fully distracting yourself. Mat Kearney & CaRter have some of the most soothing voices you’ll find on Spotify. Add any of their songs to your studying playlist for some stress-free & soothing vibes.

Workout:

• Savage x Whethan (feat. Flux Pavilion & MAX)

​​

“Got me running into circles around you to please you I do what I need to. So pardon my manners, Just something about you turns me to a savage” *beat drop*

This workout song is sure to help you power through the hardest parts of your workout. As the beat of the song builds up you’ll find yourself pushing yourself harder and reaching to increase the speed on the treadmill. S/O to SoulCycle for helping me find this badass track.

Pre-Pre-Game/Getting Ready:

• The Middle x Zedd, Maren Morris, Grey

​​

“So pull me closer, Why don’t you pull me closer? Why don’t you come over? I can’t just let you go”

• She for Keeps x Quality Control, Quavo, Nicki Minaj

​​

“Is she for keeps (ayy, ayy) Somebody tell me is she (somebody tell)”

These two recent hits are bound to get you in the mood to go out and have a good time with your gal pals!

Chill Vibes:

• Tequilawine x Olivia O’Brien

​​

“I’ma mix these drinks till you’re out of focus, So I don’t even notice. I’ma mix these drinks till it’s blurry vision, So I won’t know you did it. Pour tequila in my wine, Now I’m feelin’ fine”

• Another Day in Paradise x Quinn XCII

​​

“Sunny day drams and we up now, Vodka Lemonade I serve it up it goes down. 75 degrees and a dope sound, All you need to live fine, to live fine”

The soft, easy-going, free-flowing vibes of each of these songs are just what to add to a playlist to listen to while just hanging out.

Country:

• Be with Me x Old Dominion

​​

​​​

“Why don’t you be with me, Why don’t you, Why don’t you be my drink, be my song, be my bed, be my car, be my photograph. Be my day, be my night, be my right, be my wrong, be my first be my last”

• Drunk Girl x Chris Janson

Take a drunk girl home, Let her sleep all alone, Leave her keys on the counter, your number by the phone”

Country has two types of vibes; it’s either a sad, slow, love song or it’s an upbeat, fun song that makes you wish it was warm & you could be listening to it at the beach with your friends, and a drink in your hand. So, I felt it necessary to give you one of each :)

Be with Me by Old Dominion starts with a bit of a slower intro but all of a sudden it picks up and you can’t help but want to dance. Drunk Girl by Chris Janson gives you all the feels the second it starts. Chris Janson is showing HELLA respect to girls everywhere with this tune. 

I hope after reading this, you’ve found a few new jams to add to some of your playlists! happy listening :)

Ciara Swan

Sacred Heart '19

Ciara Swan is a senior at Sacred Heart University. She is an Exercise Science, Pre-Physical Therapy major. She aspires to be a Pediatric Physical Therapist one day. Ciara has been a part of HerCampus for three years, formerly fulfilling the position of Secretary for her chapter on campus. She is a member of Chi Omega where she served as Secretary. A coffee in the morning and a good laugh are a necessity in every one of her days.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.