This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

If you’re like me, music is essential for driving, whether it be a super long ride or a trip to the grocery store. I listen to a variety of songs, but I do have some favorites that just hit different when driving. If you want a playlist for driving but don’t know where to start, look no further! Here are some of my go-to songs that I love driving to. Happy listening!

1. Wouldn’t it Be Nice– The Beach Boys (I discovered this song through 50 First Dates and it’s perfect for a road trip or even a drive to the beach of course)
  2. Counting Stars– One Republic (I’ve always loved One Republic songs, so this one was a must)
  3. Good Life– One Republic (Again, I love One Republic songs and in my opinion, no driving playlist would be complete without this song)
  4. I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)– The Proclaimers (this one is so fun to jam out to with friends. I always love screaming it with my friends when it comes on)
  5. Chances– Five for Fighting (this is one of those songs that makes me feel like I’m in a 2000s movie, I don’t know why, but I love driving with the windows rolled down in the summer to this song)
  6. Linger– The Cranberries (such a throwback, I always find myself coming back to this song when I don’t know what else to listen to)
  7. Clocks– Coldplay (no driving playlist would be complete without a Coldplay song, all their songs are incredible and this one is no different. In fact, I think it’s one of their best songs, especially for driving)
  8. Your Love– The Outfield (this song is so great for if you’re driving on a highway in the summer-I mean, it’s good year round as well-but it just gives me summer vibes I don’t know what it is)
  9. Tiny Dancer– Elton John (I am such a huge Elton John fan, so obviously I had to include one of his songs)
  10. Driver’s License– Olivia Rodrigo (I feel like this one needs no explanation)
  11. More Than a Feeling– Boston (just listen to it, you’ll know why you wanna drive to it)
Olivia Sheppard

Sacred Heart '22

Sacred Heart class of '22 lover of theatre, film, travel and eating pasta :)