This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Being a second semester senior, I can clearly see the light glistening at the end of the tunnel. It weighs on my heart strings saying my final farewells to some of my favorite people, and pursuing my last of everything in extracurricular activities and involvements.  I always tell incoming freshmen to get as involved as possible when you first come to college: what you put into it you get out of it. 

Being as involved as I was throughout my undergraduate years at SHU has allowed me to blossom as an individual that I can love and be proud of. Putting myself out there in Greek Life, student leadership, and various clubs on campus has allowed me to pursue my passion for personal growth and connecting with people on a deep level. When I joined Her Campus four years ago today I was insecure and unsure of who I was and who I wanted to be. I felt lost and eager to connect with others. 

This women’s magazine club opened my eyes to the beauty in creativity and self-expression. I actively signed up to write articles and got involved as much as I could, to the extent of being elected president my junior year of college. This filled me with such joy knowing I could inspire and relate to other college girls striving to live their best lives. College is such an incredible experience, yet so overstimulating and confusing at times, and to have an outlet like Her Campus where I felt free to express common struggles we face and embrace as women was so rewarding. From an anxious and adventurous freshman who so desperately wanted to fit in among her peers and enjoy college life, to a burnt-out senior in bed by 9:00 PM with her tea every night, I can wholeheartedly say that four years has been enough; however, I would not trade any of the experiences I’ve endured for the world and more. 

Writing has consistently been a passion of mine and a safe space to document my high-highs and low-lows. Constructing my thoughts and making sense of my experiences has been my outlet through almost every phase of my life. I am beyond grateful that Her Campus has encouraged me to explore my innovative, and imaginative inner-voice, which has served as inspiration to other 20 somethings’ out there taking college one step at a time. I will cherish the memories and I am so appreciative of my time as an editor, the president, and general member seeing how much our club has evolved for the better. Thank you Her Campus for never giving up on me, and for encouraging me to be my best self. I will never forget the memories we have shared, and the growth we have endured together as a community of strong women <3 Maddy Miller

Madison Miller

Sacred Heart '23

Hi everyone - I’m Maddy Miller from Narragansett, Rhode Island, and am studying sociology on the path to become an Occupational Therapist with a double minor in psychology and writing?Her Campus means so much to me and gives me an expressive platform to be myself and to showcase my creative potential. I am fortunate to be a editor for Sacred Heart University!