This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

NAME: Meghan Amaya

YEAR: Sophomore

MAJOR: Psychology

HOMETOWN: Bridgeport, CT

What are you involved in on campus?

On campus I am involved in a variety of leadership positions and clubs in general. I am affiliated with Alpha Delta Pi sorority as an Alumni Relations Chair, Choir as Student Commuter Chair, The Spectrum as the Assistant Perspectives Editor and the Assistant Advertising Chair as well.

How do you handle being in so many leadership positions?

Honestly, it comes naturally to me.  I have always been in several clubs and held titles within them.  I live by a planner, which helps me to stay organized.

What are your favorite activities or events you have taken part in at SHU?

My favorite activity is spending time with my newly loved sisters of Alpha Delta Pi.   It is so much fun and there is so much to do.  Being new, there is a lot of learning which makes the sisterhood journey more fun.  Also, I am very proud to write in the Spectrum because I never thought I would write for the newspaper. 

What are your plans after SHU?  

After SHU, I plan to go to graduate school and continue my passion for psychology. 

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

In 10 years I see myself working at a psychology office.  I hope to have my Doctorate degree by then as well. 

What would be your dream job?

My dream job is to open my own psychology practice.  I want to be general so I can help everyone with any type of problem they face.

What do you in your spare time?

In my spare time, I am always with my friends.  I do everything with them such as homework, shopping or just hanging out.  There is never a dull moment!

Taylor Lane is a senior in the Sacred Heart University school of education. She majors in English and is a section editor for the school newspaper, Spectrum. She is a captain on the Division I Softball team. Taylor aspires to be a special education teacher and spends her free time volunteering in programs for people with special needs.