Meet Meg Rice ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

If you’ve ever met her or had the privilege of calling her your friend, you would most likely say Meg Rice is one of the sweetest girls with the most genuine of hearts you’ve ever known. She’s one person who will never fail to lift your spirits and put a smile on your face! Here’s the inside scoop on what makes Meg the beautiful human that she is, inside and out. 

The Basics 

Year: Class of 2019 

Major/Minor: Communications (Advertising & Public Relations)

Hometown: Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 

Relationship Status: 3 years going strong with the high school sweetheart (hi JP) 

Campus Involvement: Historian for Zeta Tau Alpha, HerCampus, Admissions Work Study 

Hobbies/Interests: Sleeping, hiking, photography, sitting on the beach any time of year, and being with my friends and family 

Favorites: Extreme lover of french fries, salted caramel ice cream, the Boston Red Sox, the movie La La Land, country music, and driving with the windows down 

Go-to store: Urban Outfitters, or Forever 21 when I’m feeling really adventurous 

Season: Fall 

Drink of choice: Dunkin caramel iced coffee 

Singer/song: I am a huge Taylor Swift enthusiast and my favorite song right now is Body Like a Back Road by Sam Hunt 

Place to hang out in Fairfield: You can find me bringing everyone I know to Jennings Beach with a Colony Grill gluten free salad pizza 

Q&A 

What are your plans for summer? 

I got my first adult internship this summer. I will be a Public Relations/Photography intern for the Rockland Boulders minor league baseball team in New York! I am also hoping to be an assistant coach for my town’s summer swim team with one of my best friends. I also plan on spending a lot of time with my friends, getting sunburnt and also getting a lot of sleep. 

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 

In 10 years I will be 30, and that’s TERRIFYING. I am hoping by then I will have lived out my dream years in New York City. I plan to live in a beautiful studio apartment with a French bulldog or pug puppy; and I hope to be working as a publicist for some huge company. Then I will be happily married with a steady job, my dog, and two kids- living in either North Carolina or somewhere close to my family. 

What’s the best advice you ever been given/ who gave it to you? 

My high school mascot was a blue eagle so my dad always tells me “you are an eagle that can fly above any obstacles life throws at you.” 

What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned in college so far? 

College has been the hardest transition of my life. It has definitely taught me that in order to grow up you need to accept change and learn from the people around you. You depend on yourself a lot in college, and it’s something I’ve been really trying to work on. 

What has been your favorite moment at SHU so far? 

My favorite moment at SHU was probably the first week back at school this year. Everyone was so excited, I loved my classes, and the weather was beautiful. I was back with all of my friends, and it just felt like I was starting over. Only this time I was 10 times more comfortable in my own skin here at SHU. 

Thanks for sharing a little piece of you, and just for being the incredible person you are. Your SHU fam and the sisters of ZTA love you!

Currently on a mission to become a successful boss lady in the fashion world.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.