This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

I’m not sure how it happened, but I’m a senior in college. The best four years of my life have sped by unbelievably fast.. and i’d do just about anything to turn back the clock. If someone had asked me four years ago what I imagined my senior year to look like, I certainly wouldn’t have thought we’d be in the middle of a pandemic. I was looking forward to so many things, we all were. We were supposed to attend one final President’s Gala, One final Spring concert… we were supposed to have a senior week and a commencement surrounded by all of our family and friends. This isn’t the senior year I imagined, but this is the one I got, and I’m determined to make the most of it. 

Make a Bucket List

We all have an internal list of things we want to do before we graduate college – write them down! Graduation Day may feel miles away, but it’s going to be here before you know it. Make a list with your friends of the restaurants you want to try, places you want to go, and memories you want to make! My friends and I recently made a bucket list together, and while it’s lengthy, we are determined to finish as much as we can. The memories you make now are going to be with you for the rest of your life!

Visit Campus

One of the reasons I committed to Sacred Heart four years ago was because of the campus – and I miss spending time there. I’ve lived off campus for two years now, and sometimes I feel isolated from the SHU community… especially now when many of my classes are taking place over zoom. Spending time on campus always makes me so happy, and even though I’m not there for classes as often as I’d like, my housemates and I try and go over every now and then to do work, to eat, or just sit outside (now that the weather is getting nice). Spend time on campus while you still can – of course remember to adhere to the pioneer promise by wearing a mask and practicing social distancing – but it’ll help you feel more like a SHU student again!

Get Excited For The Future

It’s scary to think about the future, because there are so many unknowns. I love college, and I have grown really comfortable in the life I have – but things are going to change, and they’re going to change soon. None of us really know where life will take us in the next few years, but this era where the possibilities are really endless is exciting! We have all worked so hard over the past four years to earn our degrees and chase after our dreams. Your hard work is about to pay off – so get excited to see what the future has in store for you. 

What’s important to remember during these last few months of senior year is that who you spend your time with is what matters most. I am grateful for the friendships I have made during my time at Sacred Heart – I know these are friendships that will last a lifetime. Things will be different, I won’t always get to call my bestfriends my roommates, but taking advantage of the time we have left together is what matters most. This may not be the senior year that we were hoping for, but this is the one we have, so make the most of it!! 

Kaitlin Katzenback

Sacred Heart '21

Hey I'm Kaitlin, a senior at Sacred Heart University. I love writing about beauty, food, and of course my time at SHU :)
Sacred Heart student from Mass, sharing my thoughts and interests with others on Her Campus :)