This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

I don’t think I have gone a day without an iced coffee since my junior or senior year of high school. Even in the height of the stay at home advisory this year, I would safely go to a drive through location of my place to get iced coffee, Marylou’s, wearing my mask and plastic gloves while at the window.

It’s an everyday thing for me.

It is there for me in the good times and the bad. So, I wanted to take a moment to thank my daily iced coffee for all it does for me.

Ariana Blow Kiss
Giphy

First,

thank you for waking me up every day and being my pick me up. I am NOT a morning person at all. Iced Coffee helps me hide that trait. If I have you in the afternoon, thanks for being the little boost I need to get through a busy afternoon. All in all, thanks for putting me in gear no matter what time of the day I have you. 

Second,

you are always there for me. After a night of staying up til 3:30 doing homework, you’re there for me to get through the next day of work and classes. On the other hand, if it’s the fun type of staying up til 3:30 (aka Thurs-Sat nights with my friends), you’re there for my sluggish self in the morning. In good times, you are a nice celebration or reward. Going to get you is often a bonding activity for my friends and I. Whatever the case may be, you are always there for me. 

Parks and Rec love gif
Giphy

You can ask anyone who knows me well enough, it has gotten to the point that loving iced coffee has sort of become a personality trait of mine. A few weeks ago a friend of mine said to me in class, “Jackie, I think this is the first time I’ve ever seen you without an iced coffee,” and she wasn’t wrong. I am not ashamed of this though. Instead, I own it. In the words of Buddy The Elf,

“I’m in love, I’m in love and I don’t care who knows it,”

So, to my daily iced coffee, thank you and I love you always. 

Sacred Heart student from Mass, sharing my thoughts and interests with others on Her Campus :)