This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Name: Kristen Chacho

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Milford, Connecticut

Birthday: March 29th, 1995

Major: Exercise Science/ Psychology Minor

Favorite Quote: “What a time to be alive.” – Anonymous

What activities are you involved in on campus?

Club Softball Team, Two Year Member

Exercise Science Club

Physical Therapy Club

Delta Zeta Sorority, Founding Sister

What do you hope to do with your major in the future?

In the future, I hope to become a physical therapist. In this field, I would love to focus on working with cancer patients. I have a few close relatives and family friends that were diagnosed with cancer and seeing that really makes me want to make a difference and help other people as much as I can.

What is your favorite part of club softball?

While being a part of this club, I have met a great group of girls that I have really bonded with. I am lucky to say that I am friends with every single one of my teammates. Our team is lucky to have such a great coach that is dedicated and works with us as much as he can. His determination to make us better is what helps us strive to be better. I would have to say that my favorite part of club softball, and even my favorite memory of my freshman year, was when we were able to qualify for the World Series which took place in Georgia. This opportunity gave me the chance to spend a week with some of my closest friends while playing a sport that we all love. It also challenged our athletic abilities and made us better players because we were playing girls from all across the country.

Tell us a little about your sorority, Delta Zeta.

My sorority experience is a little bit different than others, but I enjoyed every minute of it. As a sophomore, I decided to rush for the first time this fall and it was at the same time that Sacred Heart’s last local sorority, Kappa Phi, decided to go national. I clicked with all the girls in Kappa Phi right away and knew this was the perfect sorority for me. By deciding to join these girls, I also get to be a part of the colonization of a new sorority, Delta Zeta, which will be joining our campus very soon. Delta Zeta’s mission is to work with children who have either speech or hearing disabilities. We will have the opportunity to volunteer at a camp, The Painted Turtle’s Mission, which is led by our Delta Zeta members for kids with chronic and life-threatening illnesses. The girls and I are all lucky enough to be a special part of this sorority by being founding sisters to this sorority. I have met so many great people through this experience, and I know my sisters and I are going to be friends forever. I would not want to go through this process with anyone else!

Erin Vimini is a senior at Sacred Heart University. She is an English major with a concentration in writing. She is also in the five year program for teaching and is interested in becoming an elementary school teacher. Her favorite season is the fall because she loves to go apple and pumpkin picking. She likes to spend her free time going for a run and baking.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.