Kendall Jenner’s 20th Birthday Party vs. The Average Birthday Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

It is known that Kendall Jenner is not the average 20-year-old girl. Her teenage years are officially over, so the Kardashian-Jenner family obviously hosted yet another over-the-top birthday extravaganza to celebrate. Let’s see how Kendall’s birthday bash compared to the average birthday…

Kendall’s Party Location:

The 20th birthday party was hosted at The Nice Guy in Los Angeles. The club offers sophisticated vibes and lounge-like seating. Don’t worry— If you are a part of the Kardashian-Jenner crew, you do not need to be 21 years old to enter.

Average Party Location:

When planning an average 20th birthday party, age needs to be considered. To get into clubs in the top cities with a style similar to Kendall’s place, everyone needs to be of legal age. Since most likely everyone will not get in without valid ID, a nice dinner with friends will be planned or a house party…the struggle is real.

Kendall’s Guest List:

If you were on her exclusive guest list, you should feel very honored. Justin Bieber, Drake, Martin Garrix, Hailey Baldwin, Nick Jonas and, of course, her BFF Gigi Hadid were some of the many A-listers and supermodels who came to celebrate with the Kardashian-Jenner clan.

Average Guest List:

(Casual chat with friends) “I wish we were all 21. Let’s still do something Saturday night.”

Kendall’s Fashion:

It’s no surprise the Kardashian-Jenner family wore mostly all black outfits and flawless makeup to stay classy (as always) while celebrating Kendall’s big 20. Leather, lace and a sequined baby bump were shown off at the club with contoured cheekbones, bronzed skin and glowing highlights. Kendall strutted into her own party with a very low-cut jumpsuit. She topped off her look wearing a messy high-top bun which, of course, still looked glamorous. To stand out from the crew, Kylie Jenner decided to leave the black at home and instead wore a mustard-colored silk jumpsuit. At least she got her sister’s jumper memo, right?

Average Fashion:

“I have no idea what to wear. Are you dressing basic or cute?”

Kendall’s Instagram Options:

The photo booth has become a Kardashian tradition for every special occasion, whether a wedding, baby shower, or holiday party. OK, who are we kidding? There is definitely a photo booth for every day at each of their mansions. Whenever a Karashian-Jenner party is happening, one should expect at least six photo booth pictures to appear on the Instagram feed from their famous accounts. If you don’t get in a photo booth picture, were you even at the party?

Average Instagram Options:

For a 20th birthday party, a photographer would most likely not be hired, nor would a photo booth be purchased. Using the quality of the wonderful iPhone, selfies, group shots and mirror pictures will be taken from every angle in different lighting and rooms. If one person out of your group of friends does not like the picture, it has to be deleted and the photo shoot will begin all over again. After a good picture is finally taken, it needs to be sent to every person at the table. Once everyone receives the group iMessage, almost an hour of silence is dedicated to staring at the picture, editing, filtering and coming up with a clever caption (which will probably be something so basic it hurts).

Kendall Jenner’s Cake Cake Cake:

Aside from the glitzy decor, Kendall’s Chanel-themed cake was the highlight of the night. How did it taste? No one will ever know. TMZ shared a paparazzi video of the workers at the end of the night about to throw away her untouched cake. 

Average Cake:

From a local bakery, Cold Stone Creamery or Carvel, the 20th birthday cake will definitely be eaten by the end of the night.

Fans and news reporters are still talking about Kendall’s glamorous birthday bash. Celebrating 20 years of age is a big deal because the teenage years are over but, for most, it is also an awkward age because you still are not 21. We can only imagine what the Kardashian-Jenner’s will put together for that year. 

Valentina De Santis, from Princeton, New Jersey, is a double major in Communication Studies and Media Arts, with a minor in Fashion Marketing. She spent her entire junior year of college studying abroad in Rome and managed to travel throughout 10 different countries. While abroad, she interned as a Fashion Journalist. Prior to her international experience, she also styled clothes for celebrities and models at Karla Otto and assisted with accessories at Cosmopolitan Magazine. Valentina continues to take on many important roles and will be graduating from Sacred Heart University in May of 2016.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.