Kappa Delta Hosts Ice Cream Sundae Fundraiser

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Members of the Kappa Delta Sorority, above

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.  That was exactly Kappa Delta’s motto when they held their first Ice Cream Sundae Party event this past Sunday.  Kappa Delta hosted this fundraising event with all proceeds going to one of their philanthropies, Prevent Child Abuse America (PCAA).  Kappa Delta is known for their ShamROCK the Runway Fashion Show in the spring, however they decided to try out a fall event, raising even more money for PCAA.     

The Ice Cream Sundae event was hosted in the University Commons Auditorium.  The event was catered by Sacred Heart’s very own, Walnut Beach Creamery.  Serving flavors from cookie dough to cupcake, Kappa Delta provided unlimited toppings ranging from Oreos, to sprinkles, chocolate sauce and more, leaving all customers happy.  Food draws students to events, so Kappa Delta decided to get the school involved as a whole, using Walnut Beach Creamery’s ice cream. 

The event drew a huge crowd, ranging from members of sororities, fraternities, and sports teams, as well as other students on campus. The event was held over what happened to be family weekend, so Kappa Delta was lucky enough to receive additional support from friends and families of students on campus. Kappa Delta is very excited about the success of the event and wants to thank the Sacred Heart community for their support– we cannot wait to continue raising money for Prevent Child Abuse America!

Members of the Kappa Delta sorority during recruitment weekend (Katie Gennusa is on the far right).

Katie Gennusa

Sacred Heart

Katie Gennusa is a Senior at Sacred Heart University. She is a Communications major, with a concentration in Public Relations, and a minor in Business Administration. Aside from being a Her Campus Staff writer, she is President of Kappa Delta Sorority and Editor-In-Chief of Pioneer Magazine. Katie enjoys going to SoulCycle and working at a local boutique in her town. She hopes to one day own her own business.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.