Itty Bitty Titty Committee: How To Deal With Having Small Boobs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Does your cup size qualify as “Almost A” or “Barely B”? Are you able to go braless without anyone noticing? Can you run and jump in a normal bra (or no bra) without pain? Then you qualify as a member of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee! Here are some key tips to keep in mind for members of this exclusive committee.

Dos:

• Embrace it! Take advantage of the fact that you can run, jump, and go up and down stairs without any boob related issues.
  • Take advantage of all the sexy dresses you can wear without a bra: backless, one strap, crisscross back, and sheer or cutout backs.
  • When possible, go without a bra. Let’s face it, no girl actually enjoys wearing a bra. So when wearing loose fitting shirts, go sans-bra! No one will notice and you will be much more comfortable.
  • Use Band-Aids to cover your nips. When you do decide to go braless, a Band-Aid shield will help make sure those nips won’t be able to peak through your top.
  • Wear tops with horizontal stripes. While many people tend to avoid horizontal stripes, they help flat chested girls to appear curvier.
  • As for beachwear, go for the bandeaus and halter neck tops. Unlike girls with larger boobs, we don’t have to worry about ours spilling out or not having enough support.
  • Enhance other body parts such as your waist or butt. By drawing attention to another part of your body, people will be too busy focusing on those parts instead of your small bust. 

Don’ts:

• Stuff too much! This is a HUGE no-no. Stuffing your bra too much may make you look disproportional.
  • Wear a top or a dress with a structured bust area. Most structured tops and dresses are made to fit girls with average sized boobs. Therefore, we girls with mosquito bites will not be able to fill it out. This is especially important when shopping for strapless dresses. If you don’t fill it out, you will find yourself having to constantly pull up the dress.
  • Buy bras that are too small. While some people think that buying a bra that is too small for you would make your breast appear larger when they spill out, this is actually not the case. Instead, bras that are too small will only squish your boobs and make them look smaller than they already are.
  • Wear deep V-necks. With a lack of cleavage, plunging necklines will simply amplify the fact that your breasts are smaller than average.
  • Start taking birth control just to make you boobs bigger. While this can be a side effect of starting the pill, it doesn’t always happen. All girls’ bodies react differently to the pill, so a breast increase is not guaranteed.
  • Wear two bras to make your chest appear bigger. While it may work for a little while, you will have to constantly adjust them to make sure you don’t end up looking like you have four boobs. Also, wearing one bra is already uncomfortable enough! Wearing two will only make it worse.
Jenn Robillard

Sacred Heart

Jenn is a math major at SHU and is in the Education program. She plays on the softball team, is a member of RHA, Math Club, and Education club. She's from MA and is a hardcore Sox, Pats, Celtics, and Bruins fan! She enjoys watching Pretty Little Liars with her besties. She loves food more than anything.