This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

From a young age, I have always enjoyed music. Some of my earliest memories include my sister and I playing Britney Spears, *NSYNC, The Backstreet Boys or Maroon 5 on our speaker in the living room and dancing around while my mom cleaned on Sundays. But to me, nothing is better than live music.

I attended my very first concert at the age of 4, when I saw Kelly Clarkson live. Although at the time, I was tired and wanted nothing more than to go to sleep, that concert was the first of many I would attend in my 20 years of living so far.

I have been to about 30 concerts and each one has only helped my love for live music grow. Whenever I go see an artist in concert more than once, people sometimes question why I must see them again if I’ve already done it before. My answer to that is that there is simply nothing better to me than hearing your favorite songs in person. As new albums come out, there are even more songs I find that I relate to, and that make me happy.

Another thing I love about concerts is the fact that everyone is there for the same reason. While waiting on line for general admission concerts, it is likely that I make a friend or two along the way. Everyone is just as excited to go in and see this artist and experience his/her music live.  These are people I may never see again, but during those couple of hours, we’re in the same place, listening to the same music, and I can’t help but feel a connection to them. Being in a packed arena or stadium and hearing my favorite artist sing their songs along with thousands of people singing the lyrics back is one of my favorite feelings.

One of the best moments of a concert is when the artist asks everyone to put their phones away and just be present in the moment. Too often, people get so wrapped up in making sure they have enough pictures or videos of the event. I was recently at a 5 Seconds of Summer concert and the girl in front of me never put her phone down, not once. She just recorded the entire thing on her phone instead of simply enjoying the live music.

To me, the best moments in life are made by living in the moment and my favorite place to do that is by being with my best friends at a concert.

Sacred Heart University '20 Communications--Public Relations
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.