How to Spice Up Your Nails This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Every girl can appreciate a good manicure. With the new season among us, fall brings a whole new opportunity to wear your favorite darker colors. After the summer days have ended the fall is a new nail season filled with rich mahoganies and deep purples that would go perfect with any trendy fall outfit including a scarf and riding boots.

Deep maroon like Wicked by Essie is a fall favorite.

Another fall trendy color is OPI’s Lincoln Park After Dark.

For the girl who doesn’t like rocking the almost black look on her dainty nails there are other options like reds.

Twin Setter Set by Essie is a perfect addition to a trendy oversized fall sweater and a pumpkin spiced latte.

To still keep the sparkle from the summer some ladies opt for the metallic look, seen here in Autum Nights by China Glaze.

Other fall favorites available in local nail salons include grayish blue and teal nail lacquers.

Merino Cool by Essie

Ski Teal We Drop by OPI

No matter what color you decide to rock this crisp season it will be one that packs a punch. Now that dark colors are in, spice up your nails and enjoy pumpkin picking with your roomie!

A twenty something aspiring public relations manager who loves all things media.
Taylor Lane is a senior in the Sacred Heart University school of education. She majors in English and is a section editor for the school newspaper, Spectrum. She is a captain on the Division I Softball team. Taylor aspires to be a special education teacher and spends her free time volunteering in programs for people with special needs.