This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

The new year is approaching, so it’s time for new opportunities! Here’s some tips and tricks to #nail an interview for an internship!

Before the interview, do your homework! Research the place that you’re interviewing at. Go the extra mile and learn a little about who is interviewing you (if you have the luxury of knowing beforehand). Look up if the organization has been in the news lately, get up to date on what they are working on.

Keep your social media clean, a lot of places look you up! Set up a Linkedin and use that to your advantage, look them up too!

Confirm the meeting place and time prior to the interview, you can never be too sure. Also, be sure to ask about where to park. Do a drive by of the location prior to the day of the interview, make sure you know where you’re going.

Dress to impress! There is no such thing as being overdressed!

Be prepared. Have multiple copies of your resume on hand along with a notepad/ notebook. When you start the interview, ask if you may take notes so you don’t forget any vital details afterwards.

Eye contact is so important along with a firm handshake! This is their first impression of you, you definitely want it to be good! If there are multiple chairs in the room, ask where they’d prefer for you to sit.

Have five key attributes about yourself prepared that you know you want to get across during the interview. Write them on the notepad that you’re keeping with you so that you can reference back to them if needed.

Post interview, ask for a business card if they have one. Before twenty-four hours after the interview, be sure you send a thank you e-mail to everyone who you met. Make each one personal and separate. Mention how you’re excited to hear from them soon!

Finally, be confident! Stand tall and know that you’ve got this! Good luck!

Courtney Cardona

Sacred Heart '21

I'm a senior Social Work major at Sacred Heart University! I'm from Long Island, New York!I love writing for HerCampus because you can write about whatever you want!
Nina Lauria

Sacred Heart

Nina is a Biology major with a Chemistry minor on the Physician's Assistant track. She has always loved medicine just as much as fashion and blogging. Nina hopes to one day concentrate in Pediatric Oncology and help find a cure for cancer!