636122696784227520 1384414683 rory gilmorejpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
636122696784227520 1384414683 rory gilmorejpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Live Like Rory Gilmore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Yesterday afternoon, my housemates and I took a road trip to Greenwich CT, and I couldn’t help but be filled with excitement. There was live music, scarecrows and pumpkins lining the downtown stores, and the crisp fall air- I couldn’t help but be giddy about the unmatchable month of October in Connecticut. Automatically, the aesthetic of quaint bakeries, stores, and coffee shops while walking downtown caused us all to say that we somehow felt like we were experiencing the happy little town of Stars Hollow, in Gilmore Girls. 

girls neon light signage
Photo by Rene Böhmer from Unsplash
At that very moment, we realized that the only thing in our plans that night was staying in and binge watching Gilmore Girls. There is something about this show that makes one appreciate growing up in Connecticut. Not to mention the fact that we all can’t help but aspire to be the intelligent, caring, and super stylish Rory Gilmore in some ways. 

In honor of Rory- I decided to develop a list of inspirations to live a day like the Gilmores: 

1. Wear A Cozy Cable Knit – Rory always seems to wear the cosiest of cable knit sweaters, whether it is over her chilton button up or walking around Stars Hollow. 

women with mug and laptop
Photo by Vlada Karpovich from Pexels
2. Find Your Nearest Luke’s – If you have a coffee obsession like Lorelie, a perfect Gilmore Girls inspired activity is visiting your local “Luke’s”. If you live in Fairfield County, I recommend Andros Diner for a local diner experience; perfect for a burger and fries. For a local morning coffee, Las Vetas Lounge is the ultimate whole-in-the wall coffee shop. 

3. A Pizza Movie Night – Nothing says a school night at the Gilmore’s like a frozen pizza with parmesan cheese- a Lorelia specialty. To make this even better, you could watch Willy Wanka, just like Dean and Rory did on their first date. 

The Lala

4. Dessert Sushi – After Rory’s trip to Japan had been cancelled, Lorelei whipped up dessert sushi to cheer her up, and it honestly sounds like it could be good. This tootsie roll, marshmallow, twizzler combination is definitely something I will have to try. 

5. Dance Marathons – I’ve always been envious of the notorious Stars Hollow 24-hour dance marathon, done to raise money for charity. I think any way you can recreate this concept-whether it be attending your school’s dance marathon if they have one, or even just dancing around with your best friends (something my housemates and I do way too often) is the ultimate mood booster.

Taylor Swift | Instagram

Anna Bernasconi

Sacred Heart '22

Hi! My name is Anna and I'm a current senior marketing and management student at Sacred Heart. I am passionate about health and fitness, all things fashion, and volunteering in my community.
Sacred Heart student from Mass, sharing my thoughts and interests with others on Her Campus :)