photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash
Life > Experiences

How to #KILL Friendsgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Fall: it’s everyone’s favorite time of year! The leaves are changing, the smell of pumpkin spice is in the air, everyone has their comfy sweaters on. You slayed Halloween and now it’s time for the next big thing: Thanksgiving. Before you go home and spend it with your childhood friends and family, you have to celebrate here! Here’s some cute tips to have an adorable Friendsgiving with your roomies here at SHU!

Need ideas? Inspo? You know where to look, Pinterest! You just need to cover the basics, DIY decorations, fun drinks, yummy desserts, easy food, a cute photo background with props, good friends, and amazing memories!

You can get fun banners at Party City (or use leftovers from Big Little reveals?) or even just make your own! If you’re feeling extra, you can use the letter balloons. Split up the work so everyone’s flare and style can be expressed in the celebration!

Next up is fun desserts and drinks! Pinterest is filled with adorable treats to make for you and your college besties. Thank goodness all of the dorms have kitchens somewhere to fulfill your baking needs! Even if you’re not super creative, you can never go wrong with cupcakes decorated with fall-themed sprinkles! Also, just because you’re in college doesn’t mean you can’t have a fun beverage (non-alcoholic of course). Pinterest has plenty of easy, VSCO-worthy drinks to make so you can wash down your yummy food.

Now for perhaps the important part: the Insta posts. No Girl’s Night holiday celebration would be complete without an Insta-worthy photo. Either designate a good wall for photos or hang up a plain or fall-inspired background for pictures! You can even print out cute props to make it silly and a fun time with your friends!

The food doesn’t have to be expensive, fancy, or difficult to prepare. All that matters is that it is edible and fun to make with your friends! Even if it means ordering pizza and making simple Thanksgiving sides. All that matters is that you’re all together, having fun, and celebrating with your family at your home away from home.

Have fun and good luck! Happy Turkey Day!

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.