How To Get Into the Spring Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Spring is a time of the year filled with bright colors and long warm days where the sun doesn’t set until 7:30pm. Although the calendar may say one thing, the weather has been unsuitable. As I sat down to write about Spring I peer out my window and observe white patches of snow still on the ground. Even though it may still feel like winter Spring is officially upon us! Here are a few tips and tricks to get into the Spring spirit.

Change up your playlist. To get out of the winter time funk stop listening to slow sad songs and begin to embrace fun upbeat songs. One of the best parts about spring is rolling down all the windows in the car and opening the sunroof with music blasting out of the speakers. A great way to get into the spring mood is by listening to a different style of music that makes you energetic.

Spring foods. Soup and warm comfort foods are so last month! Start eating some spring treats to help make the change into the new season. Acai bowls and smoothies are some of the perfect spring themed treats to get into the right attitude for the season. The vibrant colors and fruity flavors will bring about the perfect Spring day.

Spring cleaning. Cleaning out your closet and cabinets are a few of the traditional ways to spring clean. Although this is a good start and all, it is not the only way you can contribute to Spring cleaning. A new mindset is a great way to declutter yourself for Spring. Thinking positively and enjoying all that Spring has to offer will do so much in the long run for your mental health. Get your mind out of the Winter blues. A new season brings about a new chapter in life, so start it off with a positive outlook.

Decorate your living area. My favorite part of a new Holiday or new season is all the cute decor that comes along with it. Hanging up Spring decorations and adding flowers to a room brings about the perfect living space to enjoy the new season. Decorating my dorm room door according to the season or Holiday is such a fun way to get into the Spring fun! Whenever I come back to my room and am greeted by the lively colors on my door I am automatically in the Spring mood. This is a perfect way to incorporate Spring into your everyday life.

Even if you can not get outside and smell the roses there are other ways to become excited about the new season! Spring is such a beautiful time and when all the snow melts off of the flowers we will all be able to enjoy it to the fullest.

Mackenzie Maher

Sacred Heart

Laura Lampert

Sacred Heart

Laura is a Communications Studies major with a concentration in Digital Marketing/PR.  Campus Correspondent at Sacred Heart, overly-involved, and always five minutes late with an iced coffee.