yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
Style

How to Dress Cute for Class While Still Keeping a Minimalist Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

So, I don’t know about you guys, but having your ENTIRE wardrobe is pretty difficult when your confined to a small college dorm or bedroom. Over the years, I have mastered the art of having a minimalist wardrobe, while still spicing up my everyday outfits to class. Comfy and cute is the motto here! Here are some ways to look comfy as HECK during the week but also serve some serious looks.

1. J O G G E R S

Joggers have been a staple in my wardrobe for as long as I could remember; I have a pair in almost every color, and they make it super easy to change up the casual leggings and sorority sweatshirt attire. My favorite places to buy joggers are H&M, Pacsun, and Boohoo! Pair joggers with a cute cropped t-shirt and teddy coat and you’re on your way to a more stylish you!

2. Solid White Sneakers

Solid white Vans have been my go-to since high school days, because no matter what you’re wearing, they match perfectly and tie any outfit together. Some other variations of all white sneakers include Nike Air Force Ones. If you’re looking for a more reasonable shoe, I prefer looking at sites such as DSW and Nastygal!

3. Baggy Denim Jacket

A denim jacket is a universal fashion staple, like the way ketchup is a staple with French fries (I think that makes sense? The best part of a denim jacket is that you can dress it up OR down, and the possibilities are endless. Add some cute pins to your jacket or even add a few tears to make it more distressed. I wear my dad’s jacket from 1972 (vintage af), but you can get similar jackets anywhere, from Fashion Nova to thrift stores!

4. Hair scrunchies (trust me on this one!)

I used to HATE hair scrunchies. I used to think they were pointless, and I was very loyal to my basic black hair ties. However, adding a pop of color to your wrist or hair amps up your look ever so slightly. Claire’s has hundreds of scrunchies for like $3 so I highly recommend checking them out!

Nina Lauria

Sacred Heart

Nina is a Biology major with a Chemistry minor on the Physician's Assistant track. She has always loved medicine just as much as fashion and blogging. Nina hopes to one day concentrate in Pediatric Oncology and help find a cure for cancer!