6U1A0018?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
6U1A0018?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Krista Stucchio
Style > Decor

How To Decorate Your Room During Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

As a result of us all being home during this weird time, our workspace of choice is most likely our bedrooms. Because of this, I cannot recommend enough to clean out your room during quarantine! There is something so therapeutic about emptying out your drawers and donating all your old clothes. Personally, I have been spending a lot of time in my bedroom and have been getting bored of staring at the same decorations every day. Here are a few tips to help you spruce up your room to make it feel brand new!

Slumber Cloud

String Lights

I purchased Twinkle Star Lights from Amazon! They are 49 feet and I was able to wrap them all around my room and they come with a bunch of different settings, so you can have them flash, fade and strobe depending on your mood!

Taili Samson
TaiLi Samson / Unsplash

Tapestry

On Amazon there are so many cute and fun tapestries that range from less to more expensive. The one that I purchased was only $10 and it was adorable!

Tapestry Bare Back Blonde Girl 2
Breanna Coon / Her Campus

Makeup Orginization

Since I cleaned my room out, I noticed that I have a ton of makeup and skin care products without a home! Having a makeup organizer is awesome because I can have all my products neatly organized and it’s satisfying to look at!

The honest company products
The Honest Company

New Bedding

Another fantastic amazon purchase was a new comforter! The one that I got was around $50 and it matched the colors in my room perfectly! Just make sure you read all the reviews before you add one to your cart!

pug in a blanket
Unsplash

Blackout Curtains

My bedroom is in the front of my house which means I get a lot of natural light coming through. The natural light is awesome during the day but when I wake up at 6:00 AM and can’t fall back to sleep, it’s the worst! What I love about the curtains is that I have the option to decide what lighting I want during the day. If I want to watch a movie at noon I just shut the curtains, turn on my string lights, and I have the perfect at home movie theatre!

Couple using laptop in bed
Image by Thought Catalog on Unsplash

Jennifer deBeus

Sacred Heart '21

Sacred Heart 2021 Psychology Major Social Work and Criminal Justice Minor
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.