This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.
  1. See the tree in NYC 

The Christmas Tree in New York City is so pretty! This holiday season you can go see it with friends or family and make a fun day out of it. Visiting the tree is a perfect way to get into the Christmas spirit and it is also a great opportunity to take photos and spice up your Instagram feed for the holidays- or even take a christmas card if you go with family! 

1. Go Ice Skating 

Ice Skating is a super fun activity to do with friends or family! Although it can be challenging, it’s all about having fun. You never know, you might end up getting really good at it!

1. Bake 

Baking during the holidays is always something I love to do. Throw on some Christmas music and bake your favorite treat! I love the Pillsbury holiday sugar cookies, they’re so cute and taste amazing. You can even make any cookies, brownies, and cupcakes and use festive sprinkles or frosting to decorate them! There are tons of baking ideas for the holidays on Pinterest. My grandma makes the best sugar cookies during the holidays! 

1. Watch Holiday Movies

Watching Christmas movies always gets me into the Christmas spirit! I love to snuggle up with a warm blanket and watch a good Christmas movie. This is something that you can do alone or with loved ones, there are movies to watch around the holidays for all ages too!

1. Make a Gingerbread House 

There are all different types of gingerbread house making kits you can purchase at any grocery store. A cute idea to do with friends is have a friendly gingerbread house competition! Getting together with some friends and splitting up into a few teams makes decorating a gingerbread house even more exciting! Not for nothing, after you are done you can all eat it! 

1. Secret Santa / Grab Bag 

Who doesn’t love giving to others during the holidays??? Secret santa is a great way to get together with friends or family in order to surprise someone with a gift! It is so much fun to plan to get someone a gift when they don’t know who it is coming from out of the group, and someone would be doing the same for you, too! Another thing you can do is have everyone in the group bring one gift, put them all in the middle, and everyone grabs one that they didn’t bring! 

1. Sledding 

Sometimes having a snow day doesn’t always mean you’re stuck in the house. Going sledding is a great way to get active and have some fun when it is snowing! Sledding is something my friends and I do when it snows and it is so much fun! 

Mia Redick

Sacred Heart '24

Hi everyone, my name is Mia and I am Psychology major with a criminal justice minor! For my future career, I hope to be a school psychologist! I am a part of the dance ensemble, delight ministries, and I am the Vice President Operations for the sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta. I love to hanging out with friends and family, going to the gym, and reading!