alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fun Things to Do This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

As the leaves begin to fall and the temperature begins to drop, SHU Pioneers all have one thing on their mind: Fall! Here are some fall activities to do near campus to ~get your fall on~.

1. The Adventure Park at the Discovery Museum

Right down the street from campus in Bridgeport, Connecticut, within the Discovery Museum, there is an Adventure Park filled with various zip lines and challenges to accomplish. Each path is suspended in the air among the trees and the course includes difficulty levels. This fall, they are offering a night climb on Friday and Saturday nights, lighting up the autumn leaves between levels. Apart from being a fun thing to do with friends, the best part is that there is no prior experience required. Check out the Discovery Museum’s website here!

2. Barlett Arboretum & Gardens

Located 25 minutes away from campus in Stamford, Connecticut, the Barlett Arboretum & Gardens has miles of land to hike and see the foliage up close, as well as 12 gardens to explore. It is free to enter, and all ages are welcome. Go on a hike this weekend and experience everything fall naturally has to offer! Check out their website here!

3. Apple Picking at Silverman’s Farm

Silverman’s Farm is a family-owned farm located just six minutes from campus in Easton, Connecticut, where you can go apple picking! The trees are spread out across a hill, so you never feel like you are on top of another group. They also offer some great sweet treats after like apple cider donuts in the country market as well as an area to pick out pumpkins or flowers. Check out their website here!

4. Pumpkin Picking at Castle Hill Farm

About 30 minutes away from campus in Newton, Connecticut, Castle Hill Farm offers a great experience to pick your own pumpkin with over 40 different types of pumpkins to choose from in their patch. They also have a corn maze and host various events through the season. Go pick your own pumpkin and bring it back to carve, it would be a great addition to your dorm room, doorstep or suite! Check out their website here!

And there you have it, four different fun activities to do this fall around the Sacred Heart community!

Lindsey McCarthy

Sacred Heart '21

Lindsey McCarthy is a senior majoring in Communications with concentrations in PR & Advertising at Sacred Heart University. Some of her favorites things include music, coffee, and all things Disney.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.