Four Best-Kept Secret Spots for Late Night Cocktails

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

We’ve all been up and down the Post Road, frequenting shrimp tacos at Malibu Taco and
burrata and red wine at Pizzeria Molto. Although these hot spots are worthy choices for your
next college-budget food splurge, I have decided to stop gate keeping the best (in my opinion),
and most underrated little spots in Fairfield County. Take my advice and try out these
somewhat-unheard-of restaurants which I am convinced will be added to your date night and
girls night rotation.

1. BODEGA (Fairfield, CT)
Home to the best happy hour, Bodega is an incredibly underrated gem which, believe it
or not, is also located on the Post Road. Hidden in a strip mall, this little taco bar has been my
most frequented restaurant during all four of my years at school. Don’t let its location fool you-
Bodega has an incredibly friendly staff, the best tacos, and delicious margaritas. Their ultimate
selling point is their happy hour (Monday-Friday 4-7pm) which offers $7 drinks, $3 tacos, and
half-priced apps. There is no beating the tastiest food here and the student friendly prices.

2. TERRAIN (Westport, CT)
This unique place, owned by the retail store Anthropologie, is a dream for your
aesthetics. Half of the restaurant is an oasis of succulents, hanging plants, and planters to
purchase, and in the back you will find the Terrain café. This has been one of the best places to
stumble into, and it is the most dreamy place to grab brunch and a drink with your roommates.
Before you graduate, you need to try their pomegranate Moscow mule and their breakfast
board- maybe even treat yourself to some vegan raspberry cheesecake.

3. DON MEMO (Westport, CT)
Authenticity is beaming from this restaurant when you step inside and experience terra
cotta, beautiful Mexico-inspired tiles, and a plethora of textiles. My boyfriend and I were in awe
of the décor here, it was by far the prettiest restaurant I have been into. The tostadas here are
delicious, and it was unique compared to traditional tacos we often have. The raspberry
margarita, however, is what ultimately has me itching to come back. The margaritas here were
the most fresh tasting and were garnished so beautifully, I would definitely save this place for a
night of drinks and apps.

4. MANNA TOAST (Westport, CT)
The adorable Manna Toast, a hidden café right behind the Westport Anthropologie, is a
place my best friends and I stop at often. This primarily plant based restaurant serves elaborate
toast creations and has amazing options to suit vegan and gluten free diets including the choice
of vegan cheese and gluten free sweet potato toasts. The café vibe is every girl’s Pinterest
board brought to life from their décor to the pink lattes and perfectly-plated egg and cheese
toast. Whether you are going for a decadent coffee drink or a cocktail, you have to check this place out. My go-to order is the vegan meatball toast on a sweet potato, or just a Manna spritz
paired with a hummus board.

Anna Bernasconi

Sacred Heart '22

Hi! My name is Anna and I'm a current senior marketing and management student at Sacred Heart. I am passionate about health and fitness, all things fashion, and volunteering in my community.