Fall Fever: 12 Things We Love About Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

1. PUMPKIN FLAVORED EVERYTHING

Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin pie, pumpkin ANYTHING!

Thanks, Starbucks.

2. PICKING VARIOUS FRUITS (apples, pumpkins, etc.)

Let’s be honest– half the time we don’t even care about the actual pumpkin. We just want a cute picture picking one so we can Instagram it later.

New profile picture?

3. LEGGINGS+OVERSIZED SWEATER+PUFFER VEST+RIDING BOOTS = FORMULA FOR THE PERF FALL OUTFIT

So what if we spend all our savings on new J. Crew puffer vests each year? It’s not like we have an addiction or anything… right?

4. GETTING TO PICK OUT A WEEKEND’S WORTH OF CUTE HALLOWEEN COSTUMES

Who doesn’t love getting to play dress-up all weekend? Pinterest will become your new best friend come Halloween (Cute costume ideas, pronto!). You can never get too creative…just as long as you don’t end up looking like this:

Or this:

5. SNUGGLING

Expectation: 

Reality:

Okay, so what if the majority of the snuggling happening is with my dog? A snuggle buddy is a snuggle buddy– fur or no fur. 

6. WATCHING SCARY MOVIES

This usually doesn’t last too long before we end up looking like this:

So then we watch this instead:

*Don’t forget about Hocus Pocus and all those other old school favorites!*

7. CHEAP HALLOWEEN CANDY

Alright, so sadly we’ve passed the age limit to go trick or treating…but the next best thing is buying all the leftover Halloween candy on sale the day after!

The following week looks a bit like this:

But it’s okay because it’s Halloween and you’re supposed to eat candy…

8. COLORFUL LEAVES

It’s one of the best things about autumn. Whether you’re walking in them, playing in them, taking pictures in them or just admiring them…fall would not be nearly as pretty or fun without these colorful gems. 

Yeah…maybe a bit too intense…

9. FOOTBALL GAMES

Do any of us really know what’s going on or pay attention during football games? Nope, but fall just wouldn’t be the same without going to those Homecoming and Thanksgiving Day football games with friends and family. However, you most likely look like this…

You start cheering super loud because you think your team is winning

but then you realize it was actually the other team.

10. CARVING PUMPKINS

It’s a tradition we all know and love, but let’s just say it’s not as easy as it looks…

Expectation: 

Reality: 

11. FUZZYNESS

Fuzzy socks, fuzzy sweaters, fuzzy blankets– you name it, we’re wearing it!

12. THANKSGIVING

Thanksgiving is awesome because we get to spend time with our friends and family and really appreciate what we are thankful for…mainly all the yummy food we get to eat on this holiday.

And to those haters who don’t love fall…

You’re weird.

Brittany Eger

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.