Exotic Places I’d Rather Be During Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

We’ve reached the middle of the semester and everyone knows what that means… midterms! One way to get us through this stressful, sleep-deprived time is to think about things that have nothing to do with studying. There are places we all daydream about going, and during midterms is one of the best times to imagine going on new adventures in new places. Picture hopping on a plane and being in these moments to clear your mind of any worry.

1. Eating pizza in Italy

Every girl loves her pizza and eating it in the most authentic place would make it taste that much better. Italy is home of the Vatican, the Colosseum, Renaissance art, and Venice canals. The sightseeing and comfort food are a win. Bon appetite!

2. Surfing in Hawaii

Aloha! Surfing the beautiful Pacific waves and enjoying the Hawaiian tropical ambience is the perfect getaway. Hawaii offers native hula dancing, volcanoes, Pearl Harbor, dolphins, and traditional Hawaiian dishes.

3. On a safari in Africa

From the elephants, giraffes, zebras and lions there is an endless amount of wildlife to discover. The baby animals are worth the visit along with learning about the African culture of art, music and dancing.

4. Riding a camel in Egypt

Camels are the best way to see the scenic views and get around under the hot sun. Egypt is known for The Nile River, pyramids, Sphinx, and Egyptian hieroglyphics which all lie in the heart of the desert.

5. Meditating at Machu Picchu in Peru

Breathtaking panoramic views of the Incan mountains and valleys will help with ultimate relaxation. Where the sky and mountains meet is the perfect place for balancing the mind, body, and spirit. There are temple ruins that still remain a mystery as to why they were built.

6. Hanging with kangaroos in Australia

G’day mate! The ‘roos down under are ready to hop into your arms and make your stay a cuddly one. Australia is the land of the Outback, the Great Barrier Reef, and the Sydney Opera House.

7. At a tea party in France

Bonjour! You will instantly fall in love with the Eiffel Tower and the quaint atmosphere of Paris. Baguettes and croissants go perfect with a cup of French tea. Ooh la la, coup de foudre (love at first sight).

Thinking about traveling to these places and experiencing new perspectives hopefully helped you escape from midterms for a little bit. Bon Voyage!

Analisa Cruz

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.