This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Basic Information

Name/Nickname: Eugene (Geno) GonnelloAge: 19Graduation Year: 2017 (sophomore)Major/Minor: Communications Studies with a focus on Sports Media and Sports ManagementHometown: North Haledon, NJCampus Activities: Club Volleyball, Theater Arts Program, WHRT Radio Relationship Status: Single

Geno’s Favorites:

TV Show: How I Met Your MotherSport: Basketball or SoccerColor: Blue

Food: Chipotle Burritos

Music: Rap

Q&A:

NC: So Geno, you’re studying abroad in LONDON next semester? What are you looking forward to the most? Least? 

EG: I am certainly looking forward to watching a lot of soccer overseas because I follow the sport a lot. I can’t wait to indulge in the rich culture of the sport in one of the greatest places to watch it.  I am least looking forward to being away from my family and friends for a long period of time.

NC: Is there one destination you feel that absolutely have to travel to? 

EG: I absolutely have to travel to Liverpool, England because I love Everton F.C., a Premier League soccer team located in Liverpool. A chance to see them play at their great stadium would be a dream come true.

NC: During your time at SHU, what is the one club you love to participate in? 

EG: Club Volleyball. Everyone that is on the team and that I have met through the sport here at SHU has been awesome. I never fail to have a good time with them on and off the court.

NC: Awesome! We see that you have a double concentration…very impressive! Is that stressful? 

EG: Yes, very stressful. It’s hard to balance both concentrations and other activities and still have a social life, but I think I am doing a pretty good job so far.

NC: Your name is clearly Italian. What do you love most about your Italian background? 

EG: I love the food and the idea of family. The best mix is the Italian family dinners with some nice pasta at my grandparents’ house where I can have fun and laugh with my family. 

NC: Lastly, describe your ideal date.

EG: My ideal date with a girl would be going to dinner and then going back to one of our places to hang out, laugh, and watch a comedy movie.

Mass Communications student at Sacred Heart University - Addicted to traveling, brunch, and looking at instagram accounts of puppies and small animals - Love yourself!
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.