Dr. Petillo: President & Campus Celebrity at SHU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

What better campus celebrity to have than our very own President Petillo!?  Although President Petillo is somewhat new to the Sacred Heart family, (he became president in 2011), he has brought nothing but positive changes to our school. Read on to learn a little bit more about our President and don’t be shy to say hi in the halls– he loves interacting with his students!

What is your favorite part about being a member of the Sacred Heart Community?

Well, that’s easy for me to answer. Meeting new people and interacting with the students who attend this school is by far my favorite part about being a member of this community. They are the life of the institution.

Are you originally from Connecticut?

No, I grew up in Newark, New Jersey.

Do you enjoy traveling?

Yes, I love traveling. My favorite place to travel is Italy. I go there every year. My wife actually lived there for ten years while attending medical school.

Three things you would recommend your students to do/accomplish while their time at SHU?

The first thing I would recommend is that you get involved and become committed to some activity or group. There are many different groups for different interests here at Sacred Heart. Secondly, I would say to be curious and explore. Third, make lifelong friends.

What do you like to do for fun/what are your hobbies?

I love to cook and read. My favorite thing to cook would definitely be pasta or desserts.

If you had to pick 63’s or Linda’s food, which would you pick?

I most often eat at 63’s. I feel that at 63’s I get to see more of my students. I also feel that it is more social than Linda’s. However, I can’t resist the sushi at Linda’s.

What are you looking forward to most about the fall semester?

Every semester is a new beginning with a lot of things that are unexpected. I am looking forward to the student activities. Whether it be a theatre arts show, sporting event, or student union event, I always enjoy watching SHU students doing what they love.

Me and the prez! Of course I had to snag a picture with the campus celeb…

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.