This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Friendship is one of the most beautiful things about life, and I’m lucky enough to have such amazing friendships.  Unfortunately for me, I have become friends with people a year older than me.  Everyone always tells you not to become friends with people who are older because they will graduate first.  Having your friends leave you is definitely upsetting, but I couldn’t imagine my college experience without them. I wouldn’t trade knowing them for the world.  If them graduating early is all that it takes to know them, I would do it again in a heartbeat.  I decided to write this article as an ode to them, so, to my friends from the class of 2021, thank you.

women holding each other
Photo by Dennis Magati from Pexels
  I started my SHU experience participating in Community Connections, a pre-fall program here.  This program allowed me to meet my best friends from all grades.  The friendships I formed just by making one decision is something I will be forever thankful for.  I have met my soulmates here and have made so many unbelievable memories.  I have never known friendships as pure as the ones I have made here.  College is such a tumultuous time in one’s life, as we are growing up and learning how to be on our own.  Having friends by your side makes this time better.  It’s crazy to think that these people were strangers to me, and now I cannot imagine my life without them.  

Three women laughing at the camera
Photo by Radomir Jordanovic from Pexels
So, to my best friends that I cannot imagine life without, thank you.  Thank you for three years of laughs, nightly drives, late night talks, beach adventures, spontaneity, sleepovers, support, and so much more.  The friendship you have given me is something I am forever thankful for.  I am so happy I don’t have to know life without you in it, and I wish we could do college all over again.  These past three years were just the beginning of life longs friendships, and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for you. Thank you for everything, and congratulations.  

three girls during golden hour
Photo by Simon Maage from Unsplash

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.