etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Cutie Alert: Meet Haley Blanchard

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

The 411

Name: Haley Blanchard

Major/ Minor: Marketing & Fashion Merchandising

Year: Soon-to-be junior! Scary!

Hometown: Norwich, CT

Campus Involvement: Alpha Delta Pi, Fashion Club, Her Campus

Relationship Status (The moment you boys have all been waiting for): Currently unattached. Is that a less-sad way to say single?

Favorites

Color: White and Gold

Food: I like my food how I like my men: anything Italian

Place to Shop: Nordstrom

Movie: Holiday in the Sun, such a classic Mary Kate & Ashley throwback

Celebrity Couple: Chuck and Blair, does anyone else exist?

Hobby: Does Netflix count?

Spot on Campus: Outtakes to suppress my caffeine addiction

Speed Dating

BE:What has impacted your SHU experience the most?

HB: Stereotypical answer, but definitely joining my sorority and becoming Recruitment Chair! It’s been such a challenge, but it’s pushed me to accomplish things I never thought I could. It’s also brought me closer to so many of my sisters!  

BE: What has been you’re favorite memory this year at SHU?

HB: A few weeks ago, I spent the day in New York City with some other girls from the fashion program and our professor! We went to Mood (the fabric store from Project Runway), a luxury apparel showroom, and a trend forecasting company! It was so cool to spend time in the city with some of my best friends at SHU, exploring the business we love!

BE: What are your career goals?

HB: My ultimate dream is to be a fashion buyer for a major department store, like Nordstrom or Saks. If you work as a buyer for major companies like that, you are able to travel, attend fashion shows, and visit designer’s show rooms– all while operating from the business side of the fashion world. That’s when I’ll know I’ve made it.  

BE: How do you feel about the end of you’re sophomore year approaching?

HB: I can’t believe two years have gone by so fast! I’m halfway between counting the days until summer and counting the hours in the day because I don’t know how I’m going to get everything done before break!

BE: Any plans for the summer?

HB: I will be working at a brand new retail location at the Foxwoods Casino this summer. With the rest of my time, I’ll be at my beach house in Rhode Island and hangin’ with my new puppy!

Haley, center, posing at Grand Central Station!

The Good Stuff

BE: What do you believe is the most attractive quality in a guy?

HB: Definitely confidence. I’m a pretty confident person, so I definitely need someone to match that! I also like to joke around a lot, so I need someone who isn’t too sensitive and is cool with who he is.

BE: The least?

HB: Boys who are too clingy too quickly. Obviously you want to know a guy is into you, but if he texts you ten times in one day, he’s probably moving quicker than I am.

BE: What’s your idea of a perfect date?

HB: Something casual and fun, like hanging out at the beach and then going to dinner, or spending the day in the city! I don’t like the cliché movie date. How are you supposed to get to know someone when you can’t talk or see their face for two hours?

BE: What would be your go-to first date outfit?

HB: Depends on the occasion, obvi! If it’s a casual date, then probably dark jeans and a flowy tank, or even a romper! If it’s a little bit fancier, then my go-to is a circle skirt with a cute tank!

BE: Any funny, first date stories you want to share?

HB: The only thing funny about my dating life is that you actually think I go on dates…

Brittany Eger

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.