Fruity Drinks
Fruity Drinks
Breanna Coon / Her Campus

Cola’s Cocktails: Fall Favorites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

We are approaching the second week of October and the weather is finally cooling down. The leaves are changing and it is starting to feel like fall y’all! You know what that means? Seasonal drinks. This week I share with you my top 5 harvest themed cocktails, recipes included. (For readers 21 and older :) )

people clinking mimosas
Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

1. Autumn Pear

Ingredients:

• 2oz Bourbon

• 1.5 oz pear hard cider

• 1 oz clove simple syrup

• .75 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice

• 3-4 drops bitters

Directions

Pour into a glass with ice and stir to combine. Coat the rim with cinnamon to doll up the glass and to add additional flavor.

Recipe c/o https://www.gastronomblog.com/the-autumn-pear-a-bourbon-cocktail/

2. Fall Sangria

Ingredients:

• 1 apple

• 1 pear

• 1/2 orange

• 2 tablespoons sugar

• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

• 1 750 ml bottle dry red wine, such as Rioja

• 1 750 ml bottle sparkling cider or apple cider

• Optional garnishes: Cinnamon stick, rosemary sprig, remaining orange slices

Directions

1. Slice apple, pear and orange, place in bowl, stir in sugar and cinnamon

2. Transfer to a large pitcher. Allow to stand for 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.

3. After 1 hour, pour in the red wine. You can use it immediately, or chill for up to 3 hours.

4. To serve, fill a glass with ice. Fill halfway with sparkling apple cider, then halfway with red wine mixture. Garnish with cinnamon stick, rosemary or orange slices. When you’ve polished off the sangria, you can snack on the sweetened fruit.

Recipe c/o https://www.acouplecooks.com/fall-sangria-recipe/#tasty-recipes-46543

3. Blackberry Thyme Margarita

Ingredients:

• 8 fresh blackberries

• 1 small red plum, quartered (optional)

• 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves

• juice from 1/2 a lime

• 1-2 tablespoons honey (if needed to sweeten)

• 2 teaspoons orange zest

• 2 ounces silver tequila

• sparkling water, for topping

Directions:

1. Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glass and coat in flaky salt. 

2. In a cocktail shaker or glass jar, add blackberries, plums, thyme, lime juice, honey (if using), and orange zest. Muddle all of the ingredients together, squashing everything to release the juices from the fruit. 

3. Add the tequila. Fill with ice and shake until combined. Strain

Recipe c/o https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/blackberry-thyme-margarita/

Spritz Flowers Cocktail
Molly Longest / Her Campus

4. Harvest Cider Punch

Ingredients:

• 1 gallon apple cider

• 1 1/2 cups pear juice (or nectar)

• 1 (750 ml) bottle favorite prosecco

• 1 1/4 cups Prairie Organic Vodka

• 2 (12 oz) cans diet ginger beer

• 3 honey-crisp apples, sliced and de-seeded

• 2 oranges, sliced

• 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (or cranberries)

• 6 or 7 cinnamon sticks

• Few sprigs of fresh thyme

Directions: 

1. In a large punch bowl, pour in apple cider, pear juice, bottle of procecco (if serving right away), vodka and ginger beer, and mix well. Add apple slices, orange slices, pomegranate seeds (or cranberries) and cinnamon sticks, as desired.

2. If making this ahead of time, cover punch and chill in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours. When ready to serve, add ice, prosecco and garnish with sprigs of fresh thyme. 

Recipe c/o https://www.eatyourselfskinny.com/harvest-apple-cider-punch/

5. Harvest Apple Spritz

Ingredients:

• 1/4 cup honey

• 1 inch fresh ginger,

• 6 fresh sage leaves, plus more for serving

• 8 ounces vodka

• 4 ounces orange liquor

• 1 1/2 cups high quality apple juice or apple cider

• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

• 4-6 cans (12 ounces) sparkling water

• orange zest and apple slices, for serving

Directions:

1. In a small pot, bring 1/2 cup water, the honey, and ginger, to a boil over high heat. Boil 5 minutes, add the sage, then remove from the heat. Let cool. Remove the sage and ginger, if desired.

2. In a large pitcher, combine the sage, ginger syrup mix, vodka, orange liquor, apple juice, and lemon juice. Chill until ready to serve.

3. . Add the sparkling water just before serving. Garnish each drink with an apple slice and orange zest, if desired.

Recipe c/o https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/harvest-apple-ginger-spritz/

2 drinks in clear glasses surround by sliced fruit
Katherine Sousa

I hope you guys are inspired to try out these festive drink recipes:)

Nicola Paerg

Sacred Heart '21

My name is Nicola Paerg. I am a senior at Sacred Heart University pursuing a degree in Communications-Advertising and PR, and minor in Management studies. Throughout my career as a SHU student, I have written for our school newspaper for the Arts&Entertainment section, then the following year I served as the Advertising manager for the publication. Additionally I interned with our D1 Men's Ice Hockey team, serving as an intermissions event coordinator and game advertiser. Following that I worked as a social media intern for the club CrossFit team, while actively competing as a team member. I am very devoted to pop culture and celebrity news, and enjoy all that the media has to offer. I look forward to writing for Her Campus and hope everyone enjoys any contributions that I make :)
Sacred Heart student from Mass, sharing my thoughts and interests with others on Her Campus :)